WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Think Stacks is almost a luxury against Honduras and El Salvador, yes put me in the "past is the past, it's not Jack Warner's CONCACRAP anymore" camp.  However, really think his presence will be missed against the USA.  Great if he can pull off getting into Hamilton in time.

Everything else aside that is the match this window will be judged on by the general public, famous victories in Central America or no.

Feeling good, we may not be top of table on the 3rd of February but I think the war may be won this next week or so.  

Here's to being right for a change.

11 hours ago, sstackho said:

Betting odds should be much more realistic than Elo-based.  

I took a quick look for betting odds on World Cup qualification, but didn't immediately find any.  Can you please point me to these odds if publicly available online?

These are the current odds on PlayNow.com.

Jamaica vs. Mexico:  Home 4/1, Draw 9/4, Away 69/100

USA vs. El Salvador:  Home 9/25, Draw 4/1, Away 21/1

Honduras vs. Canada:  Home 95/40, Draw 41/20, Away 11/10

Costa Rica vs. Panama:  Home 1/1, Draw 2/1, Away 11/4

As always, keep in mind that bookmakers aren't trying to predict the outcome of the game.  They're trying to set the odds to maximize their profits.

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

I don't know who put that video together but I absolutely love that they choose the Chucky Lozano crushing for Doneil Henry. 

Doesn't Max Bell put a lot of this stuff together? Even if working for the CSA that guy is about as much of a hard-core supporter type as I am, just from the inside.

1 hour ago, Yoginess said:

These forecasts are decent to assess the long term but we’re getting pretty close to throwing this out the window. 

For total points required, I think it actually gets more accurate as results are known. You could argue that it can't accurately predict which teams will be in, but the total number of points required for top 3 are getting more clear with each result. Taken to the limit, after 15 of 16 matches we should know with near certainty the exact number of points required.