WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

1 minute ago, frmr said:

what

This is why this forum scares me on depth. There’s a misconception that the guys we know are secret weapon world beaters. 

i understand the need to push back on negative people (read: me) but this stuff borders on toxic positivity. 

6 minutes ago, TOCanada115 said:

I might be in the minority here, but I’d start an in form Scott Kennedy, over Kamal Millar who hasn’t played in over 2 months. 

Under this notion would you start Corneilus over Johnston too...?

4 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

One Soccer show at 7pm speaking about being before the roster reveal.  Looks like it’s coming tomorrow to me.  I think the dates wrong, it’s for today’s show.

image.thumb.jpeg.8a7c949731e24aa3949965fcc097ee6c.jpeg

It should be today. Canada Soccer Twitter has tweet multiple times saying Monday.

^ A reply to someone in Alberta

Edited by Xavier.

I would be truly surprised by a Corbeanu omission if that is the case, and I am fully supportive of Millar being in the team and even starting at some point, too. 

It's been mentioned that Millar was in League One last year. While good, he did not have the impact Corbeanu has had. Theo got shafted at Wednesday and was still a fan favourite. He then moved to MK and immediately had an impact. 

I am very impressed with him, and with some guys being out of form, this is a perfect time to start, yes, start, Corbeanu against Honduras or ES. 

3 minutes ago, Califax said:

Don't get your back up, I read your post man, and if you read mine, you would see that I said the whole forum and not you specifically.

There's an idea that guys who haven't played are now expected to slide in. I understand that it's three long games and we're gonna have to try new things. I guess the difference is I don't see it as a benefit, just an unfortunate necessity. 

You realize that we've been letting guys slide in all qualifying right?

Johnston, Buchanan, Eustaquio, Kennedy, Crepeau... 

Before 2021 those guys were either uncapped, or had not played significant minutes for Canada in the case of Stephen and Max. 

1 minute ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I would be truly surprised by a Corbeanu omission if that is the case, and I am fully supportive of Millar being in the team and even starting at some point, too. 

It's been mentioned that Millar was in League One last year. While good, he did not have the impact Corbeanu has had. Theo got shafted at Wednesday and was still a fan favourite. He then moved to MK and immediately had an impact. 

I am very impressed with him, and with some guys being out of form, this is a perfect time to start, yes, start, Corbeanu against Honduras or ES. 

Millar has 4 more goals on a better team in a better league. I think Corbeanu has higher upside but in no way he starts over Millar right now. 

I don't understand why this has turned into a Millar vs. Corbeanu debate. Both kids have been having fantastic seasons, both kids deserve the call up. Millar is slightly ahead of Corbeanu imo, I'd be much more comfortable starting him for a full 90, but Theo also brings a spark off the bench if we needed it. 

15 minutes ago, TOCanada115 said:

I might be in the minority here, but I’d start an in form Scott Kennedy, over Kamal Millar who hasn’t played in over 2 months. 

I’m not sold Miller should even be a guaranteed starter when healthy.  He’s been anything but perfect for the men’s national team and I frankly find him pretty overrated on this forum.

Just now, trc2014 said:

I’m not sold Miller should even be a guaranteed starter when healthy.  He’s been anything but perfect for the men’s national team and I frankly find him pretty overrated on this forum.

Miller hasn't made any big errors to lead to a goal against in recent memory. I can't say the same for Kennedy, for example.

20 minutes ago, Califax said:

This is why this forum scares me on depth. There’s a misconception that the guys we know are secret weapon world beaters. 

i understand the need to push back on negative people (read: me) but this stuff borders on toxic positivity. 

what

9 minutes ago, Xavier. said:

Millar has 4 more goals on a better team in a better league. I think Corbeanu has higher upside but in no way he starts over Millar right now. 

Corbeanu has more goals in League One (3) in 16 appearances (many of those apps were as a sub for Wednesday). Millar finished the campaign with two goals in 27 apps, many of which he started. 

I totally agree that Millar is playing well, but there is no denying Corbeanu's pedigree. He is not a typical 19-year-old player and can be injected now. He has proven it at both Wednesday and MK. 

21 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

One Soccer show at 7pm speaking about being before the roster reveal.  Looks like it’s coming tomorrow to me.  I think the dates wrong, it’s for today’s show.

image.thumb.jpeg.8a7c949731e24aa3949965fcc097ee6c.jpeg

Confusing, But wheeler said it would drop around 3? Am I being stupid or is there conflicting answers.