WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

No Corbeanu is quite shocking. Him, Hoilett and Buchanan are the only guys in our current pool that will take shots outside of the 18. 

I'm really nervous that we are going with a thin squad, and we'll be expecting big things from guys who haven't scored or aren't in form. 

Edited by Shway
corrected, forgot the best guy at it.

Just now, Shway said:

No Corbeanu is quite shocking. Him and Buchanan are the only guys in our current pool that will take shots outside of the 18. 

I'm really nervous that we are going with a thin squad, and we'll be expecting big things from guys who haven't scored or aren't in form. 

Hoilett.

Just now, Shway said:

So wait, are we assuming guys are already in camp? Or is this just the worst preparation window?

All the MLS guys would have arrived there over the weekend.  Most players who played Saturday would have arrived yesterday.  Anyone who played Sunday would arrive today.  The camp has started for sure, whether it’s on the field, who knows.  I could see them having an early evening run.

6 minutes ago, canuckgbp said:

Beyond them not sure. 

Isn't it kind of risky to go to a packed NBA game, let alone one in Florida? Would be pretty shitty to start missing more players due to covid

Edit: I guess Borjan just had covid actually so he's probs okay since it's recent but still risky for Atiba

Edited by Chad_Impact

34 minutes ago, spitfire said:

Sorry how do you start Ugbo over Cyle Larin. He has broken almost every record for scoring in the last year is what 1 goal away from Deros all time record. I get Ugbo has potential and should be a big impact sub but Larin aand David have to start… or am I missing something?

This is why this forum scares me on depth. There’s a misconception that the guys we know are secret weapon world beaters. 

i understand the need to push back on negative people (read: me) but this stuff borders on toxic positivity. 

5 minutes ago, Califax said:

This is why this forum scares me on depth. There’s a misconception that the guys we know are secret weapon world beaters. 

i understand the need to push back on negative people (read: me) but this stuff borders on toxic positivity. 

Hit the brakes.

I suggested a potential XI for a 3 match window. In fact, I've been underwhelmed watching Ugbo for Genk - he's just an option to pair with our biggest weapon for this window in the hopes of unlocking him. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

5 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Hit the brakes.

I suggested a potential XI for a 3 match window. In fact, I've been underwhelmed watching Ugbo for Genk - he's just an option to pair with our biggest weapon for this window in the hopes of unlocking him. 

Don't get your back up, I read your post man, and if you read mine, you would see that I said the whole forum and not you specifically.

There's an idea that guys who haven't played are now expected to slide in. I understand that it's three long games and we're gonna have to try new things. I guess the difference is I don't see it as a benefit, just an unfortunate necessity. 

15 minutes ago, Califax said:

what