WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

11 minutes ago, ronjames said:

Surely Hurdman can call him if we use up all 28 slots? No need to restrict ourselves to just 24 given COVID, 3 games in 7 days, travel, turf, etc. 

No limit on how many we can call. Herdman and Co. have seen resistant to a larger squad though, whether that is for "togetherness" or "money" or some other reason.

Called a larger squad once but several players weren't available going into the window so not sure if that counts. 

If there was ever a time for a larger squad, it is now. Wheeler was hinting at 24 on twitter yesterday, hopefully it isn't 23 + if Eustaquio can play at ES. 

Edited by canuckgbp

45 minutes ago, Califax said:

Our best player and two best midfielders gone in the span of ten days. 

This is going to be a one or two point window boys and girls. Buckle in. 

I feel your anxiety..but no need to panic. Honduras and El Salvador are both tire fires. Plus This team will be motivated more than ever. 

Plus there will be more outbreaks in other teams. Just because the others announced their rosters two days ago does not make them immune from outbreaks. 

Who knows... finalizing our roster this late might be a stroke of genius. 

3 minutes ago, Vasi said:

I feel your anxiety..but no need to panic. Honduras and El Salvador are both tire fires. Plus This team will be motivated more than ever. 

Plus there will be more outbreaks in other teams. Just because the others announced their rosters two days ago does not make them immune from outbreaks. 

Who knows... finalizing our roster this late might be a stroke of genius. 

A lot of talk about how awful Honduras and El Salvador are.  Can we remember we nearly lost to a worse Honduras team at home (no Elis).  I think a real worry at this point is two 0-0 draws and a loss at home.

20 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

A lot of talk about how awful Honduras and El Salvador are.  Can we remember we nearly lost to a worse Honduras team at home (no Elis).  I think a real worry at this point is two 0-0 draws and a loss at home.

Yup. But all the teams have the same possibility with Omicron. When i read the news about Stack this morning I was devastated. However the more I thought about how well prepared and motivated this team is and the fact that the others will also have covid outbreaks the better I felt. 

I am not saying that this will be a 9 point. But I will not be surprised if we grab 7 pts. Will it be difficult? Yes. But our full strength team outplayed Mexico and the us away. So im not panicking. I'll leave that if we have other players out with covid by Thursday 😜

Btw El Salvador had a 5 player outbreak last weekend.  Other teams will be scared as well.

Just now, Stryker911 said:

On the bright side at least Piette and Kaye have been training earlier than normal due to the Champions League. Hopefully, they are close to game speed. And Osorio has always been clutch in Central America. 

I feel Piette will play a much bigger role than previous windows.

Yeah some people seem to be overlooking him.  Assuming he comes into the window in shape, I think he may get the start in one or two games.  

Just now, Stryker911 said:

On the bright side at least Piette and Kaye have been training earlier than normal due to the Champions League. Hopefully, they are close to game speed. And Osorio has always been clutch in Central America. 

I feel Piette will play a much bigger role than previous windows.

There is chatter that Tiebert should be called in as he is better than Piette.  I’d much rather rely on Piette this window; guy has been at every camp for the past 5 years.

Let’s be positive. We are in first place. The team has played beyond our expectations to give themselves this cushion. We can still do what we need to do to qualify. Just need to grind this next window out. Next man up mentality. Herdman will put together a good game plan. I believe this is why they didn’t release a roster early.

7 minutes ago, Califax said:

Respectfully to everyone talking about depth at mid, I just don’t see it. Heaven forbid a centre mid takes a red card. Our depth goes out the window

I think there’s a distinction here.  To me, losing your best player, in Davies, is the bigger loss at the end of the day.  However the issue here in losing Eustaqiuo is that the position he plays, the drop off in the talent is greater than the assets we have out on the wing.  
Assuming he’s healthy, does pushing Hoilett back into the mild field become a possibility?  We have numbers up front.  Someone is going to be playing out of their traditional position.  You can bank on that.

Edited by EJsens1

12 minutes ago, Califax said:

Respectfully to everyone talking about depth at mid, I just don’t see it. Heaven forbid a centre mid takes a red card. Our depth goes out the window

We have better midfielders than our HON and ES, even with Eustaqiuio out. Those are the two most important results to get.

Will that be enough to get two wins away? Who knows, but it sure didn't take much for all the Vs on here to get back into their "sky is falling" mode that has been ingrained in them for the last few decades.

I almost want to consider cheering for the US or England JUST SO I CAN BE WITH A CONFIDENT FAN BASE!

NOT!!!!!!!!!!

I'm Canadian through and through and the boys are going to weather this storm and come out on top. Perhaps not the 9 points we are normally capable of but we'll be fine. This moment in time is when last summer's Gold Cup experience serves us best going forward. Does anyone recall who we were missing in a Gold Cup that we played brilliantly at?

MISSING: Davies, Borjan, David, Adekugbe, Hutchinson, Kennedy, Millar

Ugbo hadn't joined yet, 

As the tourney progressed we lost Larin

In a game against the US that we totally dominated in possession and shots, 14-6 (but lost 1-0). Eustaquio DID NOT DRESS!

NEXT MAN UP!!!

C'mon boys, get your heads out of the that hidden crevice referred to as your ass-hole - We've come this far and we're not yielding to fear now. The only thing I'm stressed about is this Covid ticket fiasco and the possibility of not landing a pair in Hamilton. Canada will be playing in Qatar!

PS - We play the US and Panama still going forward. We're done with Mexico.

Panama has to play the US, Mexico and Canada - That's what sucks for them -they have to play us AND Mexico.

The US has to play Canada, Panama and Mexico

Edited by Wayverider