WCQ: Third Round - Window 4 (January 27- February 2, 2022)

Shway

4 hours ago, prairiecanuck said:

People call Arfield a trouble maker, but it's OK for Hoilett to throw a player under the bus.  Yes to Arfield.  We need his quality.  

I have no problem with Arfield either way. I just wanted to make the reference.

7 hours ago, RS said:

I have no problem with Arfield either way. I just wanted to make the reference.

I wish people would stop making the reference to such an ambiguous comment with a massively wide range for interpretation and just remember that last time the player actually played for Canada.

Edited by prairiecanuck

5 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

I wish people would stop making the reference to such an ambiguous comment with a massively wide range for interpretation and just remember that last time the player actually played for Caanda.

Actually, I think the 4-1 loss in the 2nd leg was the last time he played for us.

but I’m hopeful he’ll be back this upcoming window 

1 hour ago, prairiecanuck said:

You're correct, it was only a month later though.  I've blocked that from my memory though so it doesn't exist for me.

Regardless, it was over 2 years ago. Arfield's not the same player now (although he does have a role with the team, if all parties want it).

Current Status of Players (based on players called during WCQ)

Out: 
Alphonso Davies
David Wotherspoon

Out of Season/Training:
Mark Anthony-Kaye
Jonathan Osorio
Alistair Johnston
Kamal Miller
Samuel Piette
Lucas Cavallini
Zachary Brault-Guillard
Doneil Henry
Liam Fraser
Jacob Shaffelburg
Maxime Crepeau
Dayne St. Clair

Questionable:
Junior Hoilett
Milan Borjan

In season/Playing:
Theo Corbeanu
Derek Corneilius
Liam Millar
Cyle Larin
Jonathan David
Tajon Buchanan
Stephen Eustaqiuo
Atiba Hutchinson
Ike Ugbo
Scott Kennedy
Sam Adekugbe
Charles Andreas Brym
Steven Vitoria
Richie Laryea

Potential Newcomers:
Harry Paton
Stefan Mitrovic
Daniel Jebbison 
Jay Chapman
Manjrekar James

Edited by Shway

5 minutes ago, cornerkick said:

That's a long journey for a friendly

From Panama? Not outrageously far… If Honduras were to play in DC I believe the distance is about the same (not that they are playing in DC, but just saying)

Edited by shorty

18 minutes ago, Shway said:

Out: 
Alphonso Davies
David Wotherspoon

Out of Season/Training:
Mark Anthony-Kaye
Jonathan Osorio
Alistair Johnston
Kamal Miller
Samuel Piette
Lucas Cavallini
Zachary Brault-Guillard
Doneil Henry
Liam Fraser
Jacob Shaffelburg
Maxime Crepeau
Dayne St. Clair

Questionable:
Junior Hoilett

In season/Playing:
Theo Corbeanu
Derek Corneilius
Liam Millar
Cyle Larin
Jonathan David
Tajon Buchanan
Stephen Eustaqiuo
Atiba Hutchinson
Ike Ugbo
Scott Kennedy
Sam Adekugbe
Charles Andreas Brym
Steven Vitoria
Richie Laryea
Harry Paton
Milan Borjan

This is great. Had there been any word on Hoilett yet?

26 minutes ago, Shway said:

Out: 
Alphonso Davies
David Wotherspoon

Out of Season/Training:
Mark Anthony-Kaye
Jonathan Osorio
Alistair Johnston
Kamal Miller
Samuel Piette
Lucas Cavallini
Zachary Brault-Guillard
Doneil Henry
Liam Fraser
Jacob Shaffelburg
Maxime Crepeau
Dayne St. Clair

Questionable:
Junior Hoilett

In season/Playing:
Theo Corbeanu
Derek Corneilius
Liam Millar
Cyle Larin
Jonathan David
Tajon Buchanan
Stephen Eustaqiuo
Atiba Hutchinson
Ike Ugbo
Scott Kennedy
Sam Adekugbe
Charles Andreas Brym
Steven Vitoria
Richie Laryea
Harry Paton
Milan Borjan

Do we know if any players aren't vaccinated?  Also you missed Arfield.  I'm sure that was just a freudian slip.

Edited by prairiecanuck

10 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Given the history of him and his hamstring, I would be extremely surprised if he played this window.  I think we can safely bet on him not being there (hopefully I am wrong).  

I’d be curious if he was already missing the window.  Per Wheeler’s comments, he suspected/knew players who were not vaccinated would not be on this squad as they couldn’t play the game in Canada (which I thought was weird, given there are two other games in the window that I believe they would be able to play in - unless they plan to spend a lot of time training in Canada?).  Remember, I think it was suspected/confirmed that Hoilett missed the Game in Mexico for this very reason.

2 hours ago, prairiecanuck said:

Do we know if any players aren't vaccinated?  Also you missed Arfield.  I'm sure that was just a freudian slip.

That part is uncertain, but it seems like they all are vaccinated if not majority.

…you didn’t read the first sentence more specifically the part in the brackets. I’m sure that was just ignorance. 🤭😉

During the ocho, arguably our most decisive win was the BMO match against El Salvador. Granted the opponent held 59% of the possession, but we countered them beautifully, demonstrated far superior speed of play, and dominated the shots and scoring opportunities. 

That was the third game of the September window. You'll recall Davies had tweaked a hamstring or groin injury in Nashville vs the US and had already returned to Munich. Arguably our boys collective confidence hadn't even peaked yet in the first window.

Furthermore, we didn't use Larin that game. Adekugbe and Kaye didn't start (the game was won before they entered play), and Kennedy was injured. And make use of every resource we have - if Arfield can help then damn it, use him! I understand some self-proclaimed experts on here have said he's a team-chemistry liability. If that's the case there is no one better to make an inclusion decision relating to Arfield than Herdman. And I trust he'll make the right decision.

So .... we've met with adversity throughout this window and yet succeeded in our objectives. We've done it before and will do it again! We're a first place nation - let's keep this confidence high!

Edited by Wayverider

32 minutes ago, Shway said:

That part is uncertain, but it seems like they all are vaccinated if not majority.

…you didn’t read the first sentence more specifically the part in the brackets. I’m sure that was just ignorance. 🤭😉

You had Harry Paton on the list, so I was confused with what you meant?  Less ignorance than you thought. 

Edited by prairiecanuck