WCQ: Canada vs Mexico - Tuesday, Nov 16, 9pm EST / 6pm Pacific - Edmonton

4 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Lost a contact maybe.

That’s a good theory. I thought I read his lips saying “I can’t see” and pointing to his right eye. 
if it was a contact, surely they would have had a spare?

David’s removal is is strange one and one of the few potential concerns from tonight. 

Edited by maccaliam

10 years from now this will be known as the game that announced our arrival as a soccer power.

We will have more Davies’s more often now, I’ve followed the NT for 10 years and let me tell you people who never followed the team before tuned in tonight from what I saw on my social media and people who haven’t will now. Everyone will now believe they can succeed as a Canadian soccer player..

First we had the TFC generation, then the Whitecaps.. and the Impact, next up is the Drogba/Piatti/DiVaio/Giovinco generation, then it will be the Davies/David generation and finally it will be the generation that believed when we beat Mexico.

This W tonight is going propel us to heights never seen before.

2 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

That’s a good theory. I thought I read his lips saying “I can’t see” and pointing to his right eye. 

It's so cold that it would probably be hard to stick in his eye. If your eyes are dry it's hard to stick them in. When it's that cold your eyes are really dry and it would be hard to get it in. That late in the game, just put on a fresh leg and not worry about wasting 2-3 minutes being a man down

Edited by rydermike

3 minutes ago, maccaliam said:

David’s removal is is strange one and one of the few potential concerns from tonight. 

I'm guessing he may have had temporary blurred vision in his right eye

I lost about 10 years of my life watching those final 10 minutes but what a performance.  Hate the field and turf but thank you Edmonton!  What a crowd.  What a night!

Borjan - Build this man a statue.  He is the heart and soul of this team.  Great at the dark arts, gets the crowd going, protects our young players form getting needless cards after the game.  Great leader.  And unbelievable goalie.  That save off the line will live with me forever.

Henry - Loved the welcoming he gave Chucky but unfortunately was not up for the game today.  Not sure if injured or unable to handle the cold or Mexican players but Herdman great decision to pull him off.  Doneil is always going to be an integral part of this core even if its from the sidelines and occasional starts for Vitoria.

Kamal - Another beast performance.  I considered him the weak link in our lineup earlier this year but he's proved me wrong time and time again.

Johnston - I thought he was more quiet than normal which is great for a defender when you consider Henry was the opposite.  A couple great tackles and what a play to create that first goal.

Atiba - Questioned a 38 year old starting on turf in the freezing cold but man was I wrong.  He was unbelievable, particularly that first half.  One of the man of the matches for me.

Eustaquio - Another incredible performance and beautiful pass on that 2nd goal.  We are no where near the top of the standings without him controlling the games and disrupting plays.  Unbelievable.  What passion he shows too.

Laryea - Solid performance.  Hard to stop and constantly stirring things up and getting fouled.

Adekugbe - Another solid start.  Iconic moment after the 2nd goal will live with me forever as well.

Davies - Unfortunately he was one of the weakest players once again.  Constantly doing too much.  Yes, people say it was because of his hometown in Edmonton but he has been holding onto the ball all qualifying.  Needs to change and someone needs to tell him, that he can no longer take set pieces.  With all that criticism, he was still very good and he is still the best player in CONCACAF.

Larin - What a striker we have on our hand.  Can only imagine what could have been last window if he was healthy.

Tajon - Incredibly dangerous going forward as usual.  Absolutely flabbergasted at what he was doing on that break with Davies.

Vitoria - Game completely calmed after he entered the pitch.  Honestly hard to see how slow he is because he is always in the right places at the right time.

Osorio - A little surprised he didn't start but it worked out in the end. 

David - Unable to get into the game much as we defended quite a bit to end the game.

Cavallini - Winning that corner at the end was one of the best feelings I've ever had.

Edited by Corazon

5 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Panama after today's games: " you mean we are chasing Mexico for 3rd?" 😢

I think Panama will be quite happy with where they are. Canada's now got to run the gauntlet through Central America, and regardless of opponents that's going to be tough. The US is inconsistent and still has to go to Mexico. Mexico will reorganize. I don't see any other team cracking the top 4 now, but any 3 team combination of those 4 could direct qualify and it wouldn't shock me.

I am so pleased with this result and believe it may be program defining, there is much work to do yet before we qualify and each match becomes more important than the last, I think we have one foot in the door! This past window in Edmonton worked out well with massive crowds watching us get 6 points, bring on Honduras!

5 minutes ago, Corazon said:

I lost about 10 years of my life watching those final 10 minutes but what a performance.  Hate the field and turf but thank you Edmonton!  What a crowd.  What a night!

Borjan - Build this man a statue.  He is the heart and soul of this team.  Great at the dark arts, gets the crowd going, protects our young players form getting needless cards after the game.  Great leader.  And unbelievable goalie.  That save off the line will live with me forever.

Henry - Loved the welcoming he gave Chucky but unfortunately was not up for the game today.  Not sure if injured or unable to handle the cold or Mexican players but Herdman great decision to pull him off.  Doneil is always going to be an integral part of this core even if its from the sidelines and occasional starts for Vitoria.

Kamal - Another beats performance.  I considered him the weak link in our lineup earlier this year but he's proved me wrong time and time again.

Johnson - I thought he was more quiet than normal which is great for a defender when you consider Henry was the opposite.  A couple great tackles and what a play to create that first goal.

Atiba - Questioned a 38 year old starting on turf in the freezing cold but man was I wrong.  He was unbelievable, particularly that first half.  One of the man of the matches for me.

Eustaquio - Another incredible performance and beautiful pass on that 2nd goal.  We are no where near the top of the standings without him controlling the games and disrupting plays.  Unbelievable.  What passion he shows too.

Laryea - Solid performance.  Hard to stop and constantly stirring things up and getting fouled.

Adekugbe - Another solid start.  Iconic moment after the 2nd goal will live with me forever as well.

Davies - Unfortunately he was one of the weakest players once again.  Constantly doing too much.  Yes, people say it was because of his hometown in Edmonton but he has been holding onto the ball all qualifying.  Needs to change and someone needs to tell him, that he can no longer take set pieces.  With all that criticism, he was still very good and he is still the best player in CONCACAF.

Larin - What a striker we have on our hand.  Can only imagine what could have been last window if he was healthy.

Tajon - Incredibly dangerous going forward as usual.  Absolutely flabbergasted at what he was doing on that break with Davies.

Vitoria - Game completed calmed after he entered the pitch.  Honestly hard to see how slow he is because he is always in the right places at the right time.

Osorio - A little surprised he didn't start but it worked out in the end. 

David - Unable to get into the game much as we defended quite a bit to end the game.

Cavallini - Winning that corner at the end was one of the best feelings I've ever had.

Agree to a t

herdsman waited too long for subs and miss handled things   We were lost in defence and it’s a tough time to bring in subs