WCQ: Canada vs Mexico - Tuesday, Nov 16, 9pm EST / 6pm Pacific - Edmonton

3 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I really really dislike we are starting Hutch just because of the record, real shortsighted.

I think he’s out there as a check on all our enthusiastic young guns. Someone who can slow the game down if needed. Kaye doesn’t quite offer that, although I would personally prefer to have his engine out there. Hutch is tidier with the ball than Kaye though, so maybe it evens out. 

Just now, baulderdash77 said:

I don’t like a 2 player midfield and I’m worried Hutch doesn’t have the speed and stamina to start against Mexico.  In fact I don’t like a 3-4–3 for Canada any time we try to play it.  It’s awkward and doesn’t work well.

I’m worried about the lineup for Canada.  

I haven’t seen one person on the forum positive about the line-up.

4 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I haven’t seen one person on the forum positive about the line-up.

There's a reason Herdman is coaching and I stick to cheering from the stands. I think he's earned the right to do what he likes with the lineup. It hasn't always worked out but he also has shown he can get results and is willing to change up the tactics if it doesn't work out.

1 minute ago, costarg said:

Ouch, CANMNT looking really cocky going into this.  The stadium choice was a huge gamble in itself, assuming these guys are really comfortable playing in this cold and on that turf.  Playing Henry and Atiba, huge massive risk.  2 man mid  vs Mexico, really? 

Fingers crossed,  I really hope i'm wrong and this works out. 

Henry is a beast in the air and Vitoria’s better passing is nullified by the conditions. Trying to convince myself more than you. 😆  Not sure when the last time we started Henry/Miller together.

Henry has been good every time he's been called upon in WCQ. I have no issue with David starting on the bench. I have questions about the midfield, but Mexico also seems to be conceding the middle. This will be a different sort of game.

I see no logical reason to call the Hutch start a "heart" over "head" decision.

Let's watch the game for a bit before getting out the pitchforks, yes?

Edited by jonovision

1 hour ago, Free kick said:

This is becoming a joke and it doesn't reflect well on Canada.  even if we win it wont change my mind.  you dont play soccer in these conditions <period>.   

No shit, really?  You’ve only been posting the same negative drivel for the past week. Hard to believe you won’t change your mind. 

This team is doing something very special but for some reason you’ve decided to piss and shit in our corn flakes all week. Has it been fun?

Edited by Greatest Cockney Rip Off

4 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

No shit, really?  You’ve only been posting the same negative dribble for the past week. Hard to believe you won’t change your mind. 

This team is doing something very special but for some reason you’ve decided to piss and shit in our corn flakes all week. Has it been fun?

Ok then.   this are great conditions to play soccer in.   You happy now?

PS>:  i did not piss and shiut on our cornflakes.   

Edited by Free kick