Travel for January 30 Canada match

VinceA

On 12/1/2021 at 8:23 AM, El Hombre said:

So, at the risk of igniting a firestorm, it looks like Canada is instituting travel restrictions.  We are 60 days out from the game in Hamilton.  Should these restrictions remain in place in January, will this affect our ability to host a World Cup Qualifier?

NOTE: I am not looking to debate the effectiveness of or need for travel restrictions.  I'm looking for input from someone who has been paying attention to the details of these restrictions as it pertains to international soccer.  Also, looking for reassurance that we won't end up having a home game take place in Miami.

This event in Japan just got canceled too now.

It was the only best on best figure skating event heading into the Olympics next year.

41 minutes ago, narduch said:

This event in Japan just got canceled too now.

It was the only best on best figure skating event heading into the Olympics next year.

To be fair, the Grand Prix final was scheduled to be hosted in Tokyo, which has some of the most draconian travel restrictions in the entire world. The entire country of Japan has suspended all travelers from entering the country, including Japanese citizens, which is unheard of as a response of the new variant (which once again, we still don't know the change in disease severity, ease of transmission, or vaccine effectiveness). I wouldn't necessarily want to draw a lot of conclusions from these events just yet. 

On 12/1/2021 at 8:36 AM, narduch said:

I think they will try their hardest to play the next WCQ round. Anymore cancellations will make it harder to even have the World Cup this year.

I don't even want to think about the WC being cancelled. I (we) already went thru something like this with Expos in 1994 (best team in baseball that year) and the strike cancelled the playoffs. I can't go thru that again with our men's team.:(

18 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

I don't even want to think about the WC being cancelled. I (we) already went thru something like this with Expos in 1994 (best team in baseball that year) and the strike cancelled the playoffs. I can't go thru that again with our men's team.:(

Not cancelled. Delayed possibly