Travel for January 30 Canada match

VinceA

42 minutes ago, grigorio said:

now where all the burly mean angry steel workin mofos at to round out the V's section cause I've seen Forge fans and they ain't it 👀

LMAO dissing.  I went to the Forge v Edmonton game so I saw the passionate vocal group of people. 
Funny thing is they were chanting "nobody wants to live in Edmonton", to the response of some Edmontonians...."And nobody wants to live in Hamilton!" 

The banter was more entertaining than the game. 

Edited by Shway

2 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Crushing to Herdman?  I don’t really understand his point here.  Further north is a bit of stretch here too.  

My only guess is he's assuming that we're hoping to have some sort of advantage from the cold. Odd take.

It's January in Canada - there was only one feasible option where it wouldn't be freezing.

12 minutes ago, Shway said:

So the USMNT will play 3 consecutive games in possible freezing temperatures, all in different locations....
This can't be good for their players. I suspect injuries.

I think this is going to be a huge edge for them. Even possibly against us. 

EDIT: Now that the US has committed out east because we dropped the Hamilton rumours...  time to pull the ol' switcharoo and bring it out West so they have to fly across country.

Edited by Yoginess
Hopefullness

2 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

I think this is going to be a huge edge for them. Even possibly against us. 

EDIT: Now that the US has committed out east because we dropped the Hamilton rumours...  time to pull the ol' switcharoo and bring it out West so they have to fly across country.

How is playing three games in awful weather an advantage?

And I guess while I'm at it why would be destroy our travel schedule to provide a minor inconvience to a team below us in the table?

Edited by theaub

1 minute ago, theaub said:

How is playing three games in awful weather an advantage?

And I guess while I'm at it why would be destroy our travel schedule to provide a minor inconvience to a team below us in the table?

Acclimatizing to the weather. I think this was a huge edge advantage for us against Mexico (granted I think most of that was getting used to the pitch). 

It adds a couple hours to our flight time but it would actually be a significant travel difference for the US (not saying we should do it, them the facts)

Anyone who believes we shouldn't be wary of Mexico or the US because they are "below us in the table" need to stop drinking the cool aid. Both of those squads are extremely strong soccer nations and while we might have more points and got some really great recent results, we need to earn our spot at the big boy table first. 

1 hour ago, theaub said:

The US is playing near Hamilton for the same reason we're playing in Hamilton...reduce travel.  If they could teleport to Florida or Texas they would play there 100%.

I think there will be a sizeable American contingent in Hamilton.

The Americans will do everything the can to avoid playing in cities with large large Latin American populations.  That's why the never play in Texas and Florida or LA.   

3 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

Acclimatizing to the weather. I think this was a huge edge advantage for us against Mexico (granted I think most of that was getting used to the pitch). 

It adds a couple hours to our flight time but it would actually be a significant travel difference for the US (not saying we should do it, them the facts)

Anyone who believes we shouldn't be wary of Mexico or the US because they are "below us in the table" need to stop drinking the cool aid. Both of those squads are extremely strong soccer nations and while we might have more points and got some really great recent results, we need to earn our spot at the big boy table first. 

Who said we shouldn't be wary of them?  That doesn't mean that we torpedo our meticulosuly strategized travel plans to inconvience them. 

1 minute ago, theaub said:

Who said we shouldn't be wary of them?  That doesn't mean that we torpedo our meticulosuly strategized travel plans to inconvience them. 

Not sure why it's torpedoing for us and an inconvenience (or incovience as you put it) for them. It's okay, we don't have to agree.  

7 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

I'm not wary of Mexico because we played our games against them already.  We got four points they got one.

53 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Crushing to Herdman?  I don’t really understand his point here.  Further north is a bit of stretch here too.  

Man we are in the Americans heads rent free. Every time I open twitter its another American "Soccer Expert" complaining about Canadians or Canadian fans. Fantastic stuff