Travel for January 30 Canada match

VinceA

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

Not really…. They did have this:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Clasico

However both these January games can be worse.

The USA could have back to back to back snow games potentially. 

I can't imagine why they would want to "freeze out" El Salvador or Honduras. They should be beating both teams comfortably at home. The locations are likely due to avoiding away fans.

2 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

I get it from a players travel/time change point of view but I’m not buying the argument it will bring in less Americans to the game.  They travel and Hamilton is so close to many major American cities 

Having less capacity they can limit the amount of tickets sold to Americans and still sell out comfortably 

1 minute ago, JuicyHam said:

Having less capacity they can limit the amount of tickets sold to Americans and still sell out comfortably 

I’d like to believe that, but people find ways to get tickets if they really want them.  I’ll believe it when I see it that you don’t see a large American base in the stadium 

1 minute ago, JuicyHam said:

Even though Hamilton is closer to the American border than Toronto I don't think it will make a big difference, many Americans have never heard of Hamilton just ask Gary Bettman!

14 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I can't imagine why they would want to "freeze out" El Salvador or Honduras. They should be beating both teams comfortably at home. The locations are likely due to avoiding away fans.

Either way I guess I can respect the strategy even though during this Ocho we thought of it first

16 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

There's literally a dome that has hosted soccer games in Minneapolis though. 

So it makes no sense

2 minutes ago, Canucklehead69 said:

There's literally a dome that has hosted soccer games in Minneapolis though. 

So it makes no sense

The Metrodome? That was demolished a long time ago.

(Unless you're referring to something else)

Just now, RS said:

The Metrodome? That was demolished a long time ago.

(Unless you're referring to something else)

The Vikings play at US Bank Stadium, which is a domed stadium too.  The issue of putting it there I’m assuming is the Vikings could be using it up until the Sunday we play them for the NFC championship.  It’s a long shot they host that game but I guess they couldn’t get approval or didn’t want to play there.  Maybe they could have converted it by the Wednesday but who knows 

2 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

The Vikings play at US Bank Stadium, which is a domed stadium too.  The issue of putting it there I’m assuming is the Vikings could be using it up until the Sunday we play them for the NFC championship.  It’s a long shot they host that game but I guess they couldn’t get approval or didn’t want to play there.  Maybe they could have converted it by the Wednesday but who knows 

Right, I somehow thought US Bank Stadium was open-air. I was probably thinking of Target Field.