Travel for January 30 Canada match

VinceA

Just now, johnyb said:

Just a thought but if Toronto was hosting the January window, this would have been a golden opportunity to announce. Adds another piece of doubt for TO.

I don’t see a connection between the two.  This was about 2026.  If I was the CSA I’d want a press release to be about the game versus the US, not sharing the spotlight here 

24 minutes ago, johnyb said:

Just a thought but if Toronto was hosting the January window, this would have been a golden opportunity to announce. Adds another piece of doubt for TO.

I dont know but its probably different people entirely.   The 2026 group is now headed up by Peter Montopoli and he would be working with FiFA and Montagliani (CONCACAF).  The current WCQ would be the purview of the CSA and Herdman.

Edit>;  EJsens1 beat me to it

Edited by Free kick

11 minutes ago, admin said:

Without temporary stands in the end, Hamilton is the worst option for us supporter wise.

Not that it's gonna happen, but I would love if they put supporters at midfield for a game. closer to everyone, everyone can hear us.

File it under "so crazy it just might work."

Edited by Califax

Probably  last minute decisions by both Canadian and US associations,  and they are trying to decide how  to explain the decisions in carefully-worded press releases. Stupid, just tell us. They  both  may need to work  out the local site details first, obviously rushed decisions.

Edited by beachesl

5 hours ago, gator said:

I'm not sure what the status of that is if in fact Hamilton is the location but it is not a huge difference from BMO is it, 6 to 8k?

It's not the stadium size, it is where do you put the supporters section.

In the main stands it will lead to conflict along the edges of 11X or whatever section it will be.  It's unavoidable.

11 minutes ago, admin said:

In the main stands it will lead to conflict along the edges of 11X or whatever section it will be.  It's unavoidable.

I'm not sure how allocation for the Voyageurs will go but I would think using 112 which is The Battalion section as well as 111 and 113 should be a minimum goal!

9 minutes ago, admin said:

I like how the section beside the V's @ Commonwealth was marked "Obstructed View" on Ticketmaster. Other than a bunch of them wanting to waive flags too, were there any issues w/ the fans beside us in Edmonton?

Note: There's a difference between selling a $20 obs. view ticket & a $75 obs. view ticket. And the CSA would rather not discount any more tickets than necessary.

Dumb question: With the growing voice of the V's, is it practical to have 2 (or 3?) supporter sections, all at/below the goalline? As in 101, 109, 111? Or that wouldn't address the issue?

22 hours ago, beachesl said:

Probably  last minute decisions by both Canadian and US associations,  and they are trying to decide how  to explain the decisions in carefully-worded press releases. Stupid, just tell us. They  both  may need to work  out the local site details first, obviously rushed decisions.

January 30 might be a little more difficult to work out the details for any stadium because it would be a single event in the middle of what would otherwise be a three month (or more) period of being shut down for the winter. Presumably if it was BMO Field, it would involve the added complication and expense of requiring the grounds crew and grow lights preparing the turf a few weeks earlier than planned.

Edited by Heepster

16 minutes ago, Heepster said:

January 30 might be a little more difficult to work out the details for any stadium because it would be a single event in the middle of what would otherwise be a three month (or more) period of being shut down for the winter. Presumably if it was BMO Field, it would involve the added complication and expense of requiring the grounds crew and grow lights preparing the turf.

BMO Field in January looks promising but Tim Hortons Field (Hamilton) in January gets my vote

On 11/14/2021 at 10:33 PM, SthMelbRed said:

This is according to a guy who's been giving us 'scoops' for at least 15 years, with about 99% of them being laughably wrong. Rollins is an idiot. Don't put too much stock into anything he has to say about anything. Just wait for the CSA to make an announcement about the January venue. It won't be too long.

Agreed.  The guy is more about creating controversy than actual news.

13 hours ago, CanadianTraveller said:

I like how the section beside the V's @ Commonwealth was marked "Obstructed View" on Ticketmaster. Other than a bunch of them wanting to waive flags too, were there any issues w/ the fans beside us in Edmonton?

Note: There's a difference between selling a $20 obs. view ticket & a $75 obs. view ticket. And the CSA would rather not discount any more tickets than necessary.

Dumb question: With the growing voice of the V's, is it practical to have 2 (or 3?) supporter sections, all at/below the goalline? As in 101, 109, 111? Or that wouldn't address the issue?

I went to both the Canada Mexico and USA Mexico WCQ's earlier this month. A supporter ticket in Edmonton was $22 CDN while in Cincinnati it was $125US. I am not sure even in a smaller stadium how much the CSA can push the ceiling even with the momentum they have?