Travel for January 30 Canada match

VinceA

59 minutes ago, narduch said:

Wondering if TFC not qualifying Champions League means Hamilton is now guaranteed for January 30.

The league starts the earliest ever in February. so I’ll assume they still have to have the field ready. 

However a month is a lot in terms of grass preparations.

The main downside to THF for me is how turf drains players’ legs more compared to grass. It’s one thing to do it in a double window with no travel, but a triple window with multiple travel days is going to seriously test our depth even without that added wrinkle. If BMO can be brought to anything approaching useable, they should play there. If not, make the best of a bad situation and play at Hamilton’s fresh turf.

What i noticed with fieldturf is that when its new it looks fine and the ball bounces look more normal.  But it deteriorates really fast.  In the first year at BMO field it looked fine.  But by midway through the second year or at the end of the second year it looked awfull.  The surface didnt even look green anymore,  it looked more black.  And it looked like it had hardened.   I  think it was the third year that they installed the natural surface, and that was already overdue. 

There was a lot of city and community usage for the field in year one and that might have contributed to it.  For football, the ball isnt played on the ground hence the detrioration doesnt matter as much.  Hence, i cant see the cost benefit case for field turf for soccer usage.  But if its being used for gridiron football, then the cost benefit case reverses.   Thats the problem.

Edited by Free kick

10 minutes ago, Califax said:

I’d settle for a shit ton of these. 

tim-hortons-justin-bieber-timbits?fimg-c

Not me.  too much sugar on that stuff.   The old Fashion Plain are the only ones i can eat anymore.   as for all their other stuff,  all they serve for is for testing which teeth will need fillings.

Edited by Free kick

5 minutes ago, Cblake said:

Today is apparently the deadline that Canada has to submit their location for the Jan. 30th WCQ vs. the US. I also assume it is the same for the US to do so with their two home matches during the same window. Someone will have to pull the trigger first. 

I assume the US will pull the trigger first, knowing the cards Canada has already expressed. I will laugh hysterically if Canada has just been Concacafing this whole time and the game still ends up in Vancouver lol.

2 hours ago, Cblake said:

Today is apparently the deadline that Canada has to submit their location for the Jan. 30th WCQ vs. the US. I also assume it is the same for the US to do so with their two home matches during the same window. Someone will have to pull the trigger first. 

I’m not saying you’re wrong but where does it stipulate that today is the deadline?  They didn’t announce the others publicly almost 2 months out

43 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

I’m not saying you’re wrong but where does it stipulate that today is the deadline?  They didn’t announce the others publicly almost 2 months out

I would want to pump the hell out of this match, riding the high tide, momentum out of Edmonton. Build a frenzy of sorts. The USSF has typically announced their next qualifiers at the current one. The CSA should announced the 30th in Edmonton. 

It was Steve Goff who tweeted out that today was the deadline , one of the most respected soccer writers in North America. He would not put it out there unless it was concrete. If the deadline is today it would also be for the US confirming their locations too. 

1 minute ago, ShralpShralpShral said:

Not sure.  CTV have a truck there but won't be airing it live.

It's probably just about Toronto's World Cup bid.

Thanks. Checked Twitter and You Tube to no avail. Guess I'll just have to wait for the press release