Travel for January 30 Canada match

VinceA

25 minutes ago, gator said:

Someone already posted about approximately half their fanbase already being ineligiable to cross the border, we should do everything possible to limit ticket sales to a designated away supporters section and give them the minimum! If the match is at THF away fans scattered amongst the locals will not be a very good idea at all! 

I think its a lot less than half of the US fanbase for soccer that's not vaxxed..

In general the demographic and political leanings of hardcore soccer fans in the US are not aligned w/the demographic and political leanings of someone who isn't vaxxed....

28 minutes ago, gator said:

Someone already posted about approximately half their fanbase already being ineligiable to cross the border, we should do everything possible to limit ticket sales to a designated away supporters section and give them the minimum! If the match is at THF away fans scattered amongst the locals will not be a very good idea at all! 

How easy is it for them to add seats there? They seem to have a decent amount of room.

I don't think cold should be a reason to every cancel this game as concacaf.( Snow is another thing all together but whatever)

Consider they make us play in fuckstick hondouras at 3 pm in the afternoon the USA and everyone else can stfo and play in the North. 

If they have an issue with it then might as well force Mexico out of azteca and make panama build a dome

Edited by Canucklehead69

1 minute ago, narduch said:

This story gets more hilarious 

I'm now convinced Herdman has enlisted a couple of guys to just play mindgames with the US media. Next we're going to hear someone suggest Trudeau will announce Turks and Caicos as the next Canadian province and the match will be played there.

1 minute ago, Canucklehead69 said:

How easy is it for them to add seats there? They seem to have a decent amount of room.

I don't think cold should be a reason to every cancel this game as concacaf.( Snow is another thing all together but whatever)

Consider they make us play in fuckstick hondouras at 3 pm in the afternoon the USA and everyone else can stfo and play in the North. 

If they have an issue with it then might as well force Mexico out of azteca and make panama build a dome

They were going to add more for the Grey Cup and hockey game being played there, I don't think it is difficult, I think the issue is the government not allowing expansion at this time!

2 minutes ago, mrstepp817 said:

I think its a lot less than half of the US fanbase for soccer that's not vaxxed..

In general the demographic and political leanings of hardcore soccer fans in the US are not aligned w/the demographic and political leanings of someone who isn't vaxxed....

i would say this correct based on my observation,  I know i am generalizing but you could probably say the same for fans of the NBA.   For a group like college football fans????   that might be the opposite.   again, excuse my genarlizations

Just now, Free kick said:

i would say this correct based on my observation,  I know i am generalizing but you could probably say the same for fans of the NBA.   For a group like college football fans????   that might be the opposite.   again, excuse my genarlizations

Correct, its all generalizations but there's truth to it...if you did a circle graph of USMNT fans and say...SEC football fans..the overlap wouldn't be much lol

my twitter timeline an my tweets are almost always filled w/football and when I do dabble in soccer talk I will always get a Bubba or two asking "Why are you tweeting about that Communist sport" lol so that crowd probably isn't super interested in soccer 

1 minute ago, mrstepp817 said:

Correct, its all generalizations but there's truth to it...if you did a circle graph of USMNT fans and say...SEC football fans..the overlap wouldn't be much lol

my twitter timeline an my tweets are almost always filled w/football and when I do dabble in soccer talk I will always get a Bubba or two asking "Why are you tweeting about that Communist sport" lol so that crowd probably isn't super interested in soccer 

The easy way is to force a Canadian vax passport to buy the tickets if that's possible or whatever.

It's all paper in the US from the majority of the places I've been to the passport isn't even offered anywhere basically

2 minutes ago, Canucklehead69 said:

I think this is heardman messing with people lol.

If I'm in the Canadian media im "leaking" that this game is going to be in Winnipeg or Regina to cause some mass panic

Winnipeg has a perfectly good brand new stadium.    dont know if the turf is FIFA approved.    Regina however?  well from what i recalled they refused to install Fifa approved turf.   Thats their own fault.

Edited by Free kick

Just now, Free kick said:

Winnipeg has a perfectly good brand new stadium.    dont know if the turf is FIFA approved.    Regina however?  well from what i recalled they refused to install Fifa approved turf.   Thats their own fault.

In terms of cold those would be the two that I would say are the places I would consider to be the "most frigid"

Interesting about Regina I didn't know that.

If we really want to keep the Americans out those two and Ottawa are probably the best bets tbh. Ottawa is a pretty big pain to get to

Stadium Information - Winnipeg Blue Bombers

it makes no mention whether its FIFA approved or not.   If its not mentioned, this likely means that its not FIFA approved.  

then again,  the bigger question might be:  what does FIFA approved mean?   is it a restrictions on certain suppliers?   is it based inspections?  etc etc .     lots that we really dont know about this subject.  

Edited by Free kick

18 minutes ago, ted said:

Somebody please point out to Duane that BC Place has a retractable roof. It's not any less "outdoor" than Wembley or Allianz Arena. LOL

The outdoor factor is a lot less than the location factor, so BC Place being retractable isn't the issue here. 

18 minutes ago, ted said:

Somebody please point out to Duane that BC Place has a retractable roof. It's not any less "outdoor" than Wembley or Allianz Arena. LOL

And the locals have plenty of recent experience if the pipes freeze and burst because they left the roof open overnight. 🤪

(Too soon? Seriously, thoughts go out to all those affected; thanks to all those working 24x7 on repairs and soon recovery.)

21 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Stadium Information - Winnipeg Blue Bombers

it makes no mention whether its FIFA approved or not.   If its not mentioned, this likely means that its not FIFA approved.  

then again,  the bigger question might be:  what does FIFA approved mean?   is it a restrictions on certain suppliers?   is it based inspections?  etc etc .     lots that we really dont know about this subject.  

sepp blatter money GIF

1 hour ago, mrstepp817 said:

Being a huge fan of SEC football I wholeheartedly agree, I stay well away from the political discussions on the Gator msg board I post on!

1 hour ago, Canucklehead69 said:

I think this is heardman messing with people lol.

If I'm in the Canadian media im "leaking" that this game is going to be in Winnipeg or Regina to cause some mass panic

I'd just wait until the US announces their 1st match in the window, which they'll do soon, and then decide based on maximizing their inconvenience.