Travel for January 30 Canada match

VinceA

1 minute ago, Califax said:

Transit is great too...

"GoTrain officers handed out a record 5,000 open alcohol tickets on the Lakeshore West train in the lead up to Sunday's Canada USA clash" 🤣

Yeah well there's going to be bare people not only driving but taking GO Train to get to the game because it is a big deal especially if Hamilton gets to host a qualifier. How many times does a city like Hamilton get to host a FIFA World Cup qualifier? It hasn't happened yet which is why I hope CSA gives it to the city of Hamilton 

This is definitely not about the weather and more about travel since this home game is between two trips to Central America....US is going to do the same thing and and try to schedule their two home games relatively close to Toronto as well but they'll probably be tempted to be a little further south to mitigate the winter weather as well..not sure how good a soccer venue the indoor stadiums in Detroit, Minneapolis or Indianapolis are but I guess those are options for them

Edited by mrstepp817

2 minutes ago, mrstepp817 said:

This is definitely not about the weather and more about travel since this home game is between two trips to Central America....US is going to do the same thing and and try to schedule their two home games relatively close to Toronto as well but they'll probably be tempted to be a little further south to mitigate the winter weather as well..not sure how good a soccer venue the indoor stadiums in Detroit, Minneapolis or Indianapolis are but I guess those are options for them

People on twitter seem to think the US home dates will be in Minneapolis and Kansas City.

17 minutes ago, theaub said:

The smaller the stadium, in theory the higher percentage of tickets that can be funneled directly to Canadian supporters.

This guy counts. 

Also, it may be the only advantage we have. They put is in upper section in Nashville. I'm sure we can find 12-15 seats for them at the top of the stadium where the wind hits. 

Edited by Califax

1 hour ago, Califax said:

Do they let people flood the endzones for extra seating? I thought i remembered something like that for a womens game. 

No field-level or standing-room seating is allowed for official FIFA games. It's why there was no one in the blue pitchside seats or in the north endzone at BMO vs. Panama. It's also why those two "party decks" at Commonwealth were covered in CSA tarps.

Forge SSH here - great venue for footy with more booze options and less concourse congestion than in Edmonton that I experienced  last Friday - but more expensive than the tasty 7.25 priced pints we had 😀

saw our women play a friendly v Germany a few years ago, and PAN AM matches as well

Hockey game planned in March 2022 so perhaps temp seats will be in place - and there could be options behind both nets for supporters perhaps ? 

5 minutes ago, gator said:

Does anyone have any idea when the location has to be announced, I suspect soon as teams have to arrange travel?

FIFA regs:

The host association shall inform its opponents and the FIFA general secretariat of the kick-off time at least 60 days before the match in question is due to be played.

Goff reports that the location of the Canada match may impact the U.S.'s choice of where to host their matches.  So we should announce our location as late as possible.