WCQ: Canada vs Costa Rica - Friday, Nov 12, 9pm EST / 6pm Pacific - Edmonton

Got the Win thats all that matters. 

- Adekugbe, unbelievable today

- Once again, David needs Larin or Ugbo up there with him to be most effective

- Davies needs to try to take on the whole team, move the ball more and we're scoring more

- We NEED to clean up our passing, if we do that vs Mexico we're getting our asses handed to us on a platter

- EDIT to add that the turf is f-ing horrific

Edited by Approve My Account Pls

1 minute ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Got the Win thats all that matters. 

- Adekugbe, unbelievable today

- Once again, David needs Larin or Ugbo up there with him to be most effective

- Davies needs to try to take on the whole team, move the ball more and we're scoring more

- We NEED to clean up our passing, if we do that vs Mexico we're getting our asses handed to us on a platter

Mexico is not playing 11 behind the ball.

I think Mexico losing might work to our advantage in a weird way. Let’s be honest, despite all the attacking talent we struggle to score the first goal when the other team plays defensively.

they’ll feel pressure to come out and be on the front foot, which should open things up for a counter a bit. 

Why was that field not made to be 75 yards wide? A CFL field is 65 yards wide and you could see the CFL sidelines. The field  was at most 2 yards wider on each side, so not more than 69 yards in overall width. And yet there appears to be plenty of room on that turf to make the field a full 75 yards wide.

Edited by Grandbloke

4 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

Why was that field not made to be 75 yards wide? A CFL field is 65 yards wide and you can see the CFL sidelines. The field  was at most 2 yards wider on each side, so not more than 69 yards in overall width. And yet there appears to be plenty of room on that turf to make the field a full 75 yards wide.

Probably because they dont know what they are doing.    Lets be honnest here.  Locales with MLS clubs have a better understanding of these things.  

With the team we have and with that field in edmonton, we would be better off playing the next game at Azteca.

Edited by Free kick

2 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

Why was that field not made to be 75 yards wide? A CFL field is 65 yards wide and you can see the CFL sidelines. The field  was at most 2 yards wider on each side, so not more than 69 yards in overall width. And yet there appears to be plenty of room on that turf to make the field a full 75 yards wide.

Yeah, this was worse than the see-through paint on the field. 

I think this was a good result considering the circumstances.  Not pretty but they’re still trying to learn how to be the favourite. You can tell it’s not a comfortable thing yet and I don’t think Herdman’s tinkering helps either. 
Then our 21yr old superstar folds a bit under the pressure of playing at home for the first time as the face of the sport in Canada and plays his worst game if the campaign. 
I believe they’ll play better Tuesday.  Very happy to bank these 3 points even if it was ugly. 

Crazy that there is any negativity on here after a massive WCQ win over a traditional powerhouse. Who cares if it wasn't as pretty as the Panama game. There has been countless games on the past where we looked great, but didn't get the result we needed. Also we literally hit the crossbar twice and had a legit pe alty appeal. This game could have been 2,3, or 4-0 very easily.

In regards to the pitch, was there this much complaining when the women played on it? Who cares what it looks like? In the past 2 years, we have played on.. a cricket field, a baseball diamond, an empty stadium in Florida, a training field at a Florida academy, and numerous "grass" fields that are the same quality as my kids timbits field. We put nearly 50000 people in a stadium in November in Edmonton, and despite the early reports it appeared to be mostly full at kickoff.

5 minutes ago, Free kick said:

Probably because they dont know what they are doing.    Lets be honnest here.  Locales with MLS clubs have a better understanding of these things.  

With the team we have and with that field in edmonton, we would be better off playing the next game at Azteca.

But Herdman bragged about talking to the grounds crew way ahead of the game.

Looks like the CSA pushed using this stadium despite it not being optimal 

We have got better each game in these windows. It will be a completely different game though against Mexico. Costa Rica came to stifle us, as Herdman just said they shut down their league early and gave their players more time to train. The 3 points was everything. 

We will be the team likely on the defensive come Tuesday. That said, with our players, sometimes attack is the best form of defence!

Very relieved… playing on that pitch was a big mistake, but the team pulled through.  Overall, I think people have been too negative on the performance considering the playing conditions.  
Adekube and Millar were excellent.  Eustaquio his normal boss self.  Davies and Buchanan were both close to moments of brilliance. David scored.  A few bad passes from Miller but overall the D was solid.  I’ll go to bed happy.

1 minute ago, Stryker911 said:

Crazy that there is any negativity on here after a massive WCQ win over a traditional powerhouse. Who cares if it wasn't as pretty as the Panama game. There has been countless games on the past where we looked great, but didn't get the result we needed. Also we literally hit the crossbar twice and had a legit pe alty appeal. This game could have been 2,3, or 4-0 very easily.

In regards to the pitch, was there this much complaining when the women played on it? Who cares what it looks like? In the past 2 years, we have played on.. a cricket field, a baseball diamond, an empty stadium in Florida, a training field at a Florida academy, and numerous "grass" fields that are the same quality as my kids timbits field. We put nearly 50000 people in a stadium in November in Edmonton, and despite the early reports it appeared to be mostly full at kickoff.

I think it's totally valid to question the width. 

A narrow pitch suited our opponent better tonight.