WCQ: Canada vs Costa Rica - Friday, Nov 12, 9pm EST / 6pm Pacific - Edmonton

Not a good performance I’m sorry, need to be better if they are going to make it, yes a win is a win but we need to get better those away games are still there . Mexico is not losing twice come Tuesday , yes unbeaten but still only  3 points ahead of Panama .

We did what we had to do, especially after our goal. It was not pretty, but we did not get caught at the back and dominated. At this point I don't care about anything else but the W.

The other results have not benefitted us, forcing us to try to get at least a point vs. Mexico. Going to be a major challenge.

The field looked terrible, I don't understand the stupidity of a city seeking to be a WC host not handling that. Or the CSA. You see that, anywhere in the world, and you are going to get mocked. Is that what we want?

1 minute ago, SoccMan said:

Not a good performance I’m sorry, need to be better if they are going to make it, yes a win is a win but we need to get better those away games are still there . Mexico is not losing twice come Tuesday , yes unbeaten but still only  3 points ahead of Panama .

Every team is going to have poor days. It was cold and poor pitch. Lots of the basics were wrong at time with misplaced passes and misjudged the pitch for passes but Costa Rica were tight and solid at the back and well organized. 

Biggest win today other than the points was a solid defensive performance. Miller was great, Adekugbe was insane. We are not a one person team, a two, three, four or five person team. We are getting BIG performances from players in all areas of the pitch and the squad is getting deeper. 

Will take something special on Tuesday but I'd never bet against this side having it in them.

12 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

Field is still crap though.

Yes.  That is not a soccer field.   And its hurting us more than the weather is hurting our opponents.

our players were having trouble controlling the ball.

And i dont want football gridlines.  Makes us look bushleague.

PS.: even though Vancouver also has artificial, at least you can play soccer on the surface at BC place.

Edited by Free kick