WCQ: Canada vs Costa Rica - Friday, Nov 12, 9pm EST / 6pm Pacific - Edmonton

The pitch is narrow as fuck, which makes it difficult for wide players to do their thing. You need a guy like Osorio out there. In fact, you almost always need him out there. Tidy control, smart running without the ball, and the ability to make stuff happen when the opponent is bunkering. Laryea has been very good, as has Miller, but Herdman needs someone who can work with Eustaquio and Kaye to carve open the Ticos.  Put Oso in.  David has not done much, but he's not had much to do either. Davies is playing like the young man he still is, but he needs to start playing like a professional. You cannot do it all on your own all the time. I know he wants to carry the team, but he has to pick his places wisely. It'll come!!

Not a terrible half, but certainly not good enough. Put Oso on!!!!

2 minutes ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

Guys, calm the frick down!  It wasn't an awful half at all. We just have too many road runners out there and we need some guys who can hold the ball, make short passes, move into space, make shit happen.  Bring on Oso.  Miller probably comes off, though he's been really good. 

Agreed Oso in for Millar.

Just now, SoccMan said:

I love the crowd in Edmonton incredible turnout , but that turf is not doing Canada any favours, hopefully they can get the win somehow in the second half , but we need to play on grass as much as possible.

We'll see how the window plays out, but I've a feeling BMO would have sufficed for these two games.  We need the width and the quality pitch. Having said that, you've got to figure out how to win no matter what.  This game is far from over. The boys are hungry.