Edmonton Events Info

rob.notenboom

45 minutes ago, Dre_03 said:

Newbie to forum but very much looking forward to these 2 games here in Edmonton. Got a large group of 40+ for both games. Unfortunately not in V's sections.

Can't say 100% but if the venue follows Alberta's restrictions exemption program ie vax passport, then they should be allowed last call at 1am, done at 2. I attended a wedding at a local hotel and this was the case there.

Yes this is exactly it. I just received confirmation from one of the local pubs we are working with. 

Any pub or restaurant that’s in the REP (checking vaccine status) is ‘business as usual’ so that likely means almost all places that you’d want to go. So no worries about last call being early. 

On 11/7/2021 at 12:19 PM, rob.notenboom said:

As far as I know, no. But we will be getting all the stadium info early this week. 

Since I’ve received my vaccine passport, I’ve been in four different provinces and haven’t had an issue with my Sask one anywhere. But we will definitely double check. There are confirmed travelling Vs from 8 provinces coming to Edmonton. 

Do you just show the paper card + ID? I use that in province, and used it in AB when I was there a few weeks ago with no problem. I also have the QR code on my phone but find it's more of a hassle, even in SK.

17 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Do you just show the paper card + ID? I use that in province, and used it in AB when I was there a few weeks ago with no problem. I also have the QR code on my phone but find it's more of a hassle, even in SK.

Honesty no idea but I’m not taking any chances. I’ve got the QR code and the paper copy. 

I’ve heard the AB QR code readers can’t read out of province QR codes but they want to see them and your ID … but I’m not 100% sure on that. 

Alberta Health website and info is going to be a much better authority than me or the Vs in general honestly. 

26 minutes ago, rob.notenboom said:

Honesty no idea but I’m not taking any chances. I’ve got the QR code and the paper copy. 

I’ve heard the AB QR code readers can’t read out of province QR codes but they want to see them and your ID … but I’m not 100% sure on that. 

Alberta Health website and info is going to be a much better authority than me or the Vs in general honestly. 

Yeah, bringing all forms is the only logical thing to do. Just checking to see if people from SK have been denied in AB and what the circumstances were (so far I haven't heard of any cases).

It looks like there are only about 3,500 seats still available in the corners of the stadium for Friday’s game.

They keep talking about over 50,000 people coming and Commonwealth seats 56,000; so that 50,000+ crowd looks like it’s already sold for Friday.  

edit- there looks like just under 2,000 available for Mexico on a Tuesday night!

Way to go Edmonton in bringing a rocking full house for this weekend.

Edited by baulderdash77

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

It looks like there are only about 3,500 seats still available in the corners of the stadium for Friday’s game.

They keep talking about over 50,000 people coming and Commonwealth seats 56,000; so that 50,000+ crowd looks like it’s already sold for Friday.  

edit- there looks like just under 2,000 available for Mexico on a Tuesday night!

Way to go Edmonton in bringing a rocking full house for this weekend.

Yeah, but at the  Mexico game it looks like it will be about 90% Jamaicans. 

59 minutes ago, Razcal said:

Is this place pretty well staffed for serving booze? Have some friends who I want to bring who are apprehensive as they are worried it’ll take like 30 minutes to get a beer.

I popped in to pay a visit yesterday and get the lay of the land. 

I believe they’ll be full staffed so it shouldn’t be a problem. Manager told me it was wall to wall for Euros so they know what to expect with a big crowd. 

Having said that, it also has a capacity of 200 and we have a bit over 100 RSVPs. So unless a whole bunch of extra people show up (which is totally fine of course) they should have both space and staff to handle us. 

Always a chance it’s crazy and that slows things down though. 🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, Razcal said:

Is this place pretty well staffed for serving booze? Have some friends who I want to bring who are apprehensive as they are worried it’ll take like 30 minutes to get a beer.

Wait, which venue are you talking about?

7 minutes ago, Razcal said:

The Pre-Game at the Santa Maria Goretti Centre

Yeah, Rob above is talking about the Thursday event at 1stRnd.

We went to SMG center today.

They are going to have two bars and two ticket lines.  

Buy 5 at a time and get beer for people.  I think that is the best option.

Thank you for all of the kind regards all, I am devastated to be missing this trip, it just wasn't to be I guess, @Club Linesman just sent me a video with well wishes from fellow V's and it has cheered me up! This is a massive match and an amazing turnout for the Voyageurs which makes me so happy, let's get the 3 points and I will celebrate virtually with you all! Cheers!

On 11/11/2021 at 6:24 PM, gator said:

Sadly I won't be at the match or any of the events, I was refused boarding to the flight because of expired ID even though they were renewed and I had digital receipts! If anyone wants a free ticket for the match tomorrow or the Forge match Saturday contact @Club Linesman

That sucks.  Was looking forward to crossing paths.