Edmonton Events Info

rob.notenboom

Hi all,

Here is info on our upcoming events for Edmonton:

November 11th is just a meet & greet but you need to RSVP. 

Pregames will have beverages available. We will also be coordinating to greet the bus when it arrives. 

FC Edmonton ticket link for Voyageurs and anyone else who wants to join us. 

https://offer.fevo.com/fc-edmonton-vs-forge-fc-nq3bgdj-61bd9c1?fevoUri=fc-edmonton-vs-forge-fc-nq3bgdj-61bd9c1%2F

Nov 15th meetup is a One Soccer panel. We don’t know exactly which people will be there but it’ll be some combo is Andi, Oli, Gareth, KJ, Adam, & Terry. You don’t have to be a Voyageur for this … all invited. No RSVP just show up. We are trying to pack the place. 

Scarves and (hopefully) toques will be available at most of these events.

voyageurs-events-edmonton.png

The pregame at the banquet hall....they will be serving beverages I suppose right?
what's the planned vibe? Do you have to be double vaxxed?
Coat check? or will I be inside with my big ass jacket, long johns, thermal long sleeve drinking and sweating lol

Just trying to be prepared. I can't wait, and these questions are part of my excitement.

Edited by Shway

6 minutes ago, Shway said:

The pregame at the banquet hall....they will be serving beverages I suppose right?
what's the planned vibe? Do you have to be double vaxxed?
Coat check? or will I be inside with my big ass jacket, long johns, thermal long sleeve drinking and sweating lol

Just trying to be prepared. I can't wait, and these questions are part of my excitement.

Not sure about coat check but proof of vaccination will be required at all events. And yes there will be adult beverages available for purchase.

41 minutes ago, rvmoore95 said:

Any indication on how early we'll need to show up at the stadium to get in for anthems? Wouldn't want a repeat of BMO last month...

Hard to tell but if it's any indication, we are planning on wrapping up the pregame around 90 mins before kickoff.

9 minutes ago, Fullback said:

For the pre-game do you need to be a Voyageurs member to go?

I’m a member and was planning on bringing a couple of people along

8 minutes ago, ESG Shawn said:

Thanks Rob.

What's the deal with pre-games at Santa Maria? Voyageurs only, or can we bring guests? I'm dragging a big group of friends to both matches and wanted them to "taste the soup", so to speak...

All events are open to everyone, not just members.

Edit: as Rob mentioned though, RSVP for the 11th.

8 minutes ago, ESG Shawn said:

Thanks Rob.

What's the deal with pre-games at Santa Maria? Voyageurs only, or can we bring guests? I'm dragging a big group of friends to both matches and wanted them to "taste the soup", so to speak...

We won’t have any way of verifying who is a Voyageur and who isn’t. But space will also be limited so please be judicious. 😁

We are still looking into some ‘flex’ areas … outside the venue and possible tailgating. Hopefully get answers soon. 

27 minutes ago, Fullback said:

For the pre-game do you need to be a Voyageurs member to go?

I’m a member and was planning on bringing a couple of people along

No.  It says..

“You don’t have to be a Voyageur for this … all invited. No RSVP just show up“

Edited by EJsens1

4 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

Hi all,

Here is info on our upcoming events for Edmonton:

November 11th is just a meet & greet but you need to RSVP. 

Pregames will have beverages available. We will also be coordinating to greet the bus when it arrives. 

FC Edmonton ticket link for Voyageurs and anyone else who wants to join us. 

https://offer.fevo.com/fc-edmonton-vs-forge-fc-nq3bgdj-61bd9c1?fevoUri=fc-edmonton-vs-forge-fc-nq3bgdj-61bd9c1%2F

Nov 15th meetup is a One Soccer panel. We don’t know exactly which people will be there but it’ll be some combo is Andi, Oli, Gareth, KJ, Adam, & Terry. You don’t have to be a Voyageur for this … all invited. No RSVP just show up. We are trying to pack the place. 

Scarves and (hopefully) toques will be available at most of these events.

0C092564-D427-47A9-8F91-448E1A8BF0BA.jpeg

Thanks so much for organizing all of these events. Looking forward to attending a bunch of them.

Now that I can see there's no conflict with any of Voyageurs' events, I'd like to point out that the Planet Smashers, one of Canada's awesome-est ska/punk/party bands, are playing in Edmonton Saturday night:

https://starliteroom.ca/events/11418435/Stomp+26+Year+Anniversary+-+Planet+Smashers%2C+Raygun+Cowboys%2C+The+Real+Sickies%2C+Preying+Saints%2C+Fire+Next+Time%2C+The+Anti+Queens%2C+and+Doghouse+Rose/

I already have my ticket. 

With the pregame, two soccer matches and the Planet Smashers, Friday afternoon through to late Saturday night are going to be awesome. Good thing there are no events planned for Sunday!

7 hours ago, rob.notenboom said:

We won’t have any way of verifying who is a Voyageur and who isn’t. But space will also be limited so please be judicious. 😁

We are still looking into some ‘flex’ areas … outside the venue and possible tailgating. Hopefully get answers soon. 

Parking gets very scarce and enforcement is a big deal around big stadium events.  I worked about 5 blocks away during university and our warehouse/store assigned a person to patrol the parking lots around CFL games.  

Just a heads-up.

14 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Parking gets very scarce and enforcement is a big deal around big stadium events.  I worked about 5 blocks away during university and our warehouse/store assigned a person to patrol the parking lots around CFL games.  

Just a heads-up.

Absolutely. 

Personally recommend parking elsewhere and taking the LRT.