2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

25 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

I'm not going to disagree that CPL is more pro than Next Pro, but I'm curious as to what the average age of both leagues is.  And having watched some Next Pro - the kids playing it care a lot.  It's not exhibition. 

Some team's treat it like a glorified academy league, others treat it very seriously.  Regardless, there is serious talent in the league and shouldn't be discredited.  Most if not all of the kids on the US U20 team have made their debut in the MLS already, so even if you take away MLS Next Pro mins, the MLS mins are still far better than the CPL.

Edited by Footyeh

42 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

After that embarrassment we now need at least a point against the US to go trough so what do you guys think the starting lineup will be I don’t know too much about this team but I know Smith,abatenah,Franklin,wright,poki and habibulah must start 

Top 3 go through. So a point or win against US would be great but provided Cuba don't lose to St.Kitts we just need to beat st. Kitts to go through likely in 3rd 

2 minutes ago, narduch said:

Turned on Honduras v Antigua and Barbuda and it is more water logged than this past Monday.

Rain in the forecast every day for the forseeable future. Pretty crazy. Honduras on Monday definitely seemed more used to playing on that kind of surface. 

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

Turned on Honduras v Antigua and Barbuda and it is more water logged than this past Monday.

I’m all for giving a smaller country like Honduras a tournament like this, but this is exactly where  FIFA / Concacaf could show they are actually using the truck loads of money they rake in and giving back to the game by upgrading the fields before hosting a major tournament.

Who in the Canadian media has the ball's to call out the coaches?  Why after a decade of mediocrity is Biello still in a role with ANY organization??  Who's ready say to say majority of our young players aren't ready for these moments, they lack the mentality, the one person on the field who knows what it really means was Smith and you can understand why.  If anyone here has contacts in the team, ask them what happened once they got in the changeroom... Ask them which player took charge.  Ask them what the coaches said about the target moving forward and you'll feel f*cking hopeless for them that staff can't even give them the confidence to go into the next game with a fighting chance. 

Here is my prediction for the rest of the tournament. We will play decent against the US and lose 3-1, then play St. Kitts and win 2-0 or 3-0. Then in the knockout we will beat El Salvador or Guatemala. Then in the quarterfinals, in the game that means everything to qualify for the World Cup, we will play well against Mexico. So well in fact that we will say if we were playing anyone else we would for sure win, but we will ultimately lose a close game. 

8 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Who in the Canadian media has the ball's to call out the coaches?  Why after a decade of mediocrity is Biello still in a role with ANY organization??  Who's ready say to say majority of our young players aren't ready for these moments, they lack the mentality, the one person on the field who knows what it really means was Smith and you can understand why.  If anyone here has contacts in the team, ask them what happened once they got in the changeroom... Ask them which player took charge.  Ask them what the coaches said about the target moving forward and you'll feel f*cking hopeless for them that staff can't even give them the confidence to go into the next game with a fighting chance. 

More apathy than balls.  No one in the Canadian media cares about youth soccer. Even amongst the media that does pay attention to the national team I’m not seeing any attention on last nights match 

13 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

Here is my prediction for the rest of the tournament. We will play decent against the US and lose 3-1, then play St. Kitts and win 2-0 or 3-0. Then in the knockout we will beat El Salvador or Guatemala. Then in the quarterfinals, in the game that means everything to qualify for the World Cup, we will play well against Mexico. So well in fact that we will say if we were playing anyone else we would for sure win, but we will ultimately lose a close game. 

LOL. We will lose 1-0 to Mexico after a dodgy 89th minute penalty. Complete with VAR check.

2 hours ago, VinceA said:

There's no post game report from anyone anywhere for the Cuba game. Embarrassing from CanSoc journos.

There’s no such thing. There is only opportunists that take the hat when it’s fitting.

18 minutes ago, Shway said:

There’s no such thing. There is only opportunists that take the hat when it’s fitting.

That seems harsh.  We have some guys that are definitely on board for raising the profile of the game (including media coverage).  Not saying we get enough tough questions or anything but we do have media people that are interested.