2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

11 hours ago, Buchta said:

When did Atanasov represent Bulgaria in U19 UEFA qualifying?   In November 2021 Bulgaria U19 was knocked out of qualifying.  He didn't play (unless I missed it) in any of the three matches.

As far as I know, he made his debut with the U19 team on March 28th vs Montenegro (a friendly).  He also played in two friendlies vs Bosnia & Herzegovina a few weeks back.

Ah you're right!  I thought I saw him on the qualifying roster.

8 hours ago, narduch said:

Anchor played for Whitecaps 2 last night 

Yeah with minimal and limited training over the last couple of weeks.  Actually had a phenomenal game last night but you can tell he's still struggling with kicking.

11 minutes ago, archer21 said:

What is considered Pro though? I feel like MLS Next Pro being considered pro is a bit disingenuous considering it’s a reserve league mostly made from youth players.

Ya. MLS Next Pro shouldn't count. It's a Reserve league.

Of course it would skew the numbers massively 

13 minutes ago, archer21 said:

What is considered Pro though? I feel like MLS Next Pro being considered pro is a bit disingenuous considering it’s a reserve league mostly made from youth players.

Yeah, it’s disingenuous. We’ve had players in our YNT playing for USL teams attached to MLS clubs in prior years. That doesn’t magically make them Pros with some sort of advantage over other countries. It certainly didn’t in prior years for our teams.

I also don’t care how many guys we have in Pro environments if they don’t actually regularly play for their teams.

3 hours ago, archer21 said:

I'm not going to disagree that CPL is more pro than Next Pro, but I'm curious as to what the average age of both leagues is.  And having watched some Next Pro - the kids playing it care a lot.  It's not exhibition.