2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

5 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

So with this in mind, that means if the boys get their job done in Honduras there could be pretty significant roster turnover for the 2023 U20 WC... there would be a minimum four goalie battle between Goodman, Anchor, Alexander, Bontis for two spots. Also Bunbury would be in the same passport situation as Goodman, JMR could be included at that point, maybe even a couple others 

For whats already considered to be a strong team, it's crazy to think we could get even more of boost to it

Yep. Lots missing that could potentially be used if we make it. In addition of the names above; Koleosho, Kosi Thompson, Jebbison, Dias, Kratt, Atanassov, de Fougerolles, Amedume, Crawford, Giraldo, Vilsaint, Coupeland.

Imagine if we managed to make the Olympics. Deciding the u20 team was hard enough let alone adding in the wealth of talent available for the u23s.

12 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Yep. Lots missing that could potentially be used if we make it. In addition of the names above; Koleosho, Kosi Thompson, Jebbison, Dias, Kratt, Atanassov, de Fougerolles, Amedume, Crawford, Giraldo, Vilsaint, Coupeland.

Imagine if we managed to make the Olympics. Deciding the u20 team was hard enough let alone adding in the wealth of talent available for the u23s.

Jebbison, Atannassov etc won't be eligible to join for the world cup as they have represented England and Bulgaria in U19 UEFA qualifying.

5 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Jebbison, Atannassov etc won't be eligible to join for the world cup as they have represented England and Bulgaria in U19 UEFA qualifying.

When did Atanasov represent Bulgaria in U19 UEFA qualifying?   In November 2021 Bulgaria U19 was knocked out of qualifying.  He didn't play (unless I missed it) in any of the three matches.

As far as I know, he made his debut with the U19 team on March 28th vs Montenegro (a friendly).  He also played in two friendlies vs Bosnia & Herzegovina a few weeks back.

22 minutes ago, sonic_fcpf said:

Loic is out....Jeff is in

Correct. The Concacaf website doesn't list the current rosters.

Updated it with the roster on wiki as it looks like someone made the update

Edited by narduch

I was going to complain and say if its free on Youtube surely SN can agree with One Soccer on a cheap/free rebroadcast agreement to get it on TV for public consumption. But with the exception of SN360 showing a re run of todays Yankees/Jays game, there are quite a lot of CFL/TFC and Whitecaps/Stanley Cup finals/UFC at that time slot so understandable I guess

But as per usual, would be nice to have it easily available for casual fans. Yes, free on Youtube is fantastic, but outside of this forum I doubt many people know this tournament is even on. Having it on TV for someone to accidentally stumble on would be nice

13 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

I was going to complain and say if its free on Youtube surely SN can agree with One Soccer on a cheap/free rebroadcast agreement to get it on TV for public consumption. But with the exception of SN360 showing a re run of todays Yankees/Jays game, there are quite a lot of CFL/TFC and Whitecaps/Stanley Cup finals/UFC at that time slot so understandable I guess

But as per usual, would be nice to have it easily available for casual fans. Yes, free on Youtube is fantastic, but outside of this forum I doubt many people know this tournament is even on. Having it on TV for someone to accidentally stumble on would be nice

The Americans don't even have an English language broadcaster for this tournament. 

50 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Concacaf u20s men have never been on linear tv even when SN or TSN had rights to Concacaf events. Pre OneSoccer, you watched it on Concacaf's website or Spanish language streams.

"Having it on TV for someone to accidentally stumble on would be nice" is 90s style media consumption habits that basically the over 50 age segment still practices. Canadian sports paid linear channels reach has dropped from 90% to now about 50%. Prime time tv viewing is 75%+ >55 year olds. Canadian internet penetration is over 95%, so having it on Youtube is now the better way to get "public consumption". 

Regardless of where it is on, it won't change how many people know about this tournament. It will need Canada becoming more like Mexico/Argentina/Brasil/Colombia where youth tournaments are valued. It doesn't have much traction in Europe.