2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Expect that to mean a transfer or loan.

Yes it’s a possibility but I wouldn’t say expect, it could literally mean he had a sick family member or had to go to a wedding or something jumping to that conclusion isn’t very good I don’t think nice will transfer/loan him till after preseason as he’s a guy fighting for minutes next season

3 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Yes it’s a possibility but I wouldn’t say expect, it could literally mean he had a sick family member or had to go to a wedding or something jumping to that conclusion isn’t very good I don’t think nice will transfer/loan him till after preseason as he’s a guy fighting for minutes next season

he Just confirmed it had nothing to do with football on a reply 

9 hours ago, sonic_fcpf said:

Honduras= Pic-2+1=22

+1=  ;)

- 24h (1st game) =20

1st equation: 23 in the picture - Adisa - Adam (Alphonse, Tavares and Erik are showing up in social media either travelling or already in Tegucigalpa) + Smith=22

2nd equation: +1=Smith

3rd equation:  In accordance with the Competition Regulations, changes to the final rosters will only be allowed in the event of force majeure or injury up until 24 hours before each team’s first match and after the group stage. All changes must be approved by Concacaf.

One of the 3 (Alphonse, Tavares and Erik) will replace Loic.....most probably Alphonse since plays in same position making the final 20

5 hours ago, EJsens1 said:

But that was not just a coincidence. Obviously Rick Westhead was brought in by someone on the players side for the purposes of what is going on between them and the CSA because of his tenacious reporting into the details of things. He scares the shit out of leagues and organizations. The fact they don’t take his hard question shows how gutless they are. 

NHL does the same when Westhead is in their press conferences.

6 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

Expect that to mean a transfer or loan.

I assumed some non-football medical question. Because the time to to something is now, in the offseason. Loans or transfers can still go until later. 

But do you think he's being offloaded from Nice, I hope not.

I wonder when the transfer window is open to. Is it end of August as usual? That will make things interesting as teams are starting much earlier and will identify needs faster.

14 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I assumed some non-football medical question. Because the time to to something is now, in the offseason. Loans or transfers can still go until later. 

But do you think he's being offloaded from Nice, I hope not.

I wonder when the transfer window is open to. Is it end of August as usual? That will make things interesting as teams are starting much earlier and will identify needs faster.

Had to look. It closes September 1 for most Euro leagues.

For MLS its actually July 7 to August 5.

26 minutes ago, narduch said:

Kratt just signed with York United.

Awesome! 

"While it remains to be seen if the son of Zoboomafoo star Martin Kratt can tame the beast that is the CPL,"

https://northerntribune.ca/york-united-ronan-kratt/?fbclid=IwAR2McmEsiyfeat5OIDDTX6TxiCEsSAvGbRoIsPH_Luhyvj-d8LzUuZiyTXw

Edited by toontownman

So apparently Owen Goodman is committed to Canada? That’s good for him:

just shows they’re levels to these teams. He’s competing with Borjan (will be on his last legs by then), Crepeau, and a quickly emerging st Clair, but I’m sure that’s still an easier lineup to crack than whoever England has in the pipeline. 

20 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

just shows they’re levels to these teams. He’s competing with Borjan (will be on his last legs by then), Crepeau, and a quickly emerging st Clair, but I’m sure that’s still an easier lineup to crack than whoever England has in the pipeline. 

So with this in mind, that means if the boys get their job done in Honduras there could be pretty significant roster turnover for the 2023 U20 WC... there would be a minimum four goalie battle between Goodman, Anchor, Alexander, Bontis for two spots. Also Bunbury would be in the same passport situation as Goodman, JMR could be included at that point, maybe even a couple others 

For whats already considered to be a strong team, it's crazy to think we could get even more of boost to it

US podcast on their u20 team say towards end of pod that on paper, it would be disappointing if the US lost to any team ex Mexico & Costa Rica. They believe US roster is pretty good given the circumstances. But not as good as previous editions given players like Pepi & Slonina were too good to be selected, no true 9s on the team & center backs could be a weakness.

They say Canada is missing 3/5 best players (JMR & Koleosho were mentioned). Aside from Mexico, only Costa Rica threatens the US talentwise as they have their 2 best players: Jewison Bennette who set up the Ticos goal vs New Zealand in the intercontinental playoff; and Brandon Aguilera who was also in Qatar but didn't play.

On 6/14/2022 at 10:04 PM, Footyeh said:

Word from camp is that the staff is solely focused on the US match and is taking a very defensive approach with lineups/formations...  Reminds me of the disaster class from Olivieri during the last U17 World Cup qualifying against USA and in the World Cup against Brazil.  

The US isn't even a full strength team, that should give the staff confidence to go at them and attack with some of the quality we have.  

Didn’t listen but seems like people aren’t rating the Can PL guys which would be a mistake.

21 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Didn’t listen but seems like people aren’t rating the Can PL guys which would be a mistake.

meh those american podcasts don't know shit outside of their guys. 
grain of salt. Their coaching staff will be saying otherwise.

TBH i kinda hope we don't show our hand too much in the first game against them, as we know we might have to play them again.

4 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Because England keepers are so good?