2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

Hahahah buddy, I used to watch Canada play on terrible video and audio streams when nothing else was available! Back then I didn't pay anything! Now because One Soccer is constantly selling their rights to other networks, I can cut back on doubling and tripling up on costs. As far as the youtube broadcast goes this weekend, there is more than one channel available on One Soccer for them to use - not to mention the other games they are playing which will not interfere with  CPL games because they are not this weekend.

And if you can actually comprehend what someone is writing, you will get that the gist of my comment was NOT about there being too many ways of watching Canada play today - you are just trolling me. So the point is, with all of the money they are making, they can be broadcasting this stream on their channel that good people have paid for and not "free" to everyone on youtube (which is not their fan base/target market).

For the One Soccer business model to survive, they need to create a value for their customer. Right now, they are taking it away. The value is to get Fubo where you can get One Soccer content and so much more!

3 hours ago, gigi riva said:

Are the Group matches going to be on the CONCACAF Youtube channel. 

7 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

They said the group stage matches are free on YouTube. They may make us pay and watch on OneSoccer for the knockout rounds.

Either the CONCACAF YouTube channel or the OneSoccer YouTube channel ( or a mix of both )

30 minutes ago, Ivan said:

I can't believe that Smith, arguably the highest profile player in the squad, is not there and we have no news coverage on it at all.

We don't really have a proper media following this team.

Mostly glorified bloggers/Podcasters.

I keep thinking about how the full mens team skipped training on a Friday and there was hardly a peep about it in the media. The strike story broke a day later.

7 minutes ago, narduch said:

I keep thinking about how the full mens team skipped training on a Friday and there was hardly a peep about it in the media. The strike story broke a day later.

Yeah, we have only had adequate coverage of the Nats during the last year so it is no surprise that the youth teams are pretty anonymous in the media.  

4 hours ago, narduch said:

And what OneSoccer is doing is hire any reasonably coherent blogger/Podcaster and then the opinions get reigned in. 

I'm seriously thinking of starting a channel, which I'll do hack, just to hear out loud what we don't get to hear. 

3 hours ago, toontownman said:

Maybe he needed a toilet break. 😉

"We can photoshop him in later..."

No budget.

6 hours ago, Ivan said:

I can't believe that Smith, arguably the highest profile player in the squad, is not there and we have no news coverage on it at all.

Honduras= Pic-2+1=22

+1=  ;)

- 24h (1st game) =20

10 hours ago, narduch said:

And the story was broken by a reporter based thousands of kilometres away.

54 minutes ago, narduch said:

By a guy not on the soccer beat

There's really no one in Vancouver strictly on the soccer beat. A few newspaper reporters cover the Whitecaps/NTs along with a bunch of other stuff, but such is the state of media these days that everyone is a generalist.

10 minutes ago, RS said:

There's really no one in Vancouver strictly on the soccer beat. A few newspaper reporters cover the Whitecaps/NTs along with a bunch of other stuff, but such is the state of media these days that everyone is a generalist.

In the sense that they'll generally cover everything except soccer huh?  Kim's latest purse, pee-wee hockey tournaments, health benefits of a seed we scraped off a shoe..... 

2 hours ago, RS said:

And the story was broken by a reporter based thousands of kilometres away.

But that was not just a coincidence. Obviously Rick Westhead was brought in by someone on the players side for the purposes of what is going on between them and the CSA because of his tenacious reporting into the details of things. He scares the shit out of leagues and organizations. The fact they don’t take his hard question shows how gutless they are.