2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

13 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

No one has talked about yet. Herdman’s kid didn’t make it 

He hasn't played that much so far this season at MLS NextPro (injured?) and has struggled a bit to consistently have an impact. Just too many players ahead of him on this U20 roster.

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Re: Goodman , Passport Canada is overwhelmed these days, but could it be he ditched us for Nigeria U20? Spoke very highly of representing them. 

Where did you hear that? Is it possible to elaborate? If his mother is American-born and her parents were not born in Canada, then he won't be eligible for us unless through some miracle FIFA exception.

His grandparents are Canadian citizens.  My guess is, they were late out of the gate to get his citizenship.

3 minutes ago, solsous said:

No, his dad's (Alex) parents are naturalized Canadian citizens.

and so...?

Not to be rude or flippant but either

- you need to have lived on the territory of the member association for X number of years

- OR you have to have been born in the member association

- OR one of your biological parents have to have been born in the member association

- OR one of your biological grandparents have to have been born in the member association

So how is Mataeo eligible?

27 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Nelson too old ? 

Yep. I think TFC aren't in a position to let anyone go even if he was. Kosi Thompson would have been great.

Franklin is rated and Ferdinand can play there. Abatneh is also a great prospect and poku can cover LB. So the wingbacks are solid. CB has promise. 

Definite promise in attack. I think Assi has looked great. The three strikers have great potential. 

Don't know enough about who might play DM (Other than smith) Costa and Pellegrino, Catavolo, Zouhir and Hallibulah are all exciting prospects. It's all about whether we gel and step it up when we need to.

4 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

and so...?

Not to be rude or flippant but either

- you need to have lived on the territory of the member association for X number of years

- OR you have to have been born in the member association

- OR one of your biological parents have to have been born in the member association

- OR one of your biological grandparents have to have been born in the member association

So how is Mataeo eligible?

I don't know if he is.  I just know that his paternal grandparents are eligible.  My guess is the CSA knows the rules.

While goalkeeping isn’t really our biggest issue, we seem to lack a bit of depth from this age group.

Anchor seems to be on the right path but considering at the youth level we had the Crepeau, Roberts, Carducci generation and then Hasal, St Clair, Pantemis, etc. it feels like we’re lacking in that department.

I’m still holding out for Odunze to change nationalities.

2 hours ago, Kent said:

Actually Andi Petrillo said the other day (can't remember where. Curacao pre-game? OneSoccer Today?) that the U20 games will be on OneSoccer's youtube channel.

Fantastic, the YouTube player is way better than whatever OneSoccer uses. In fact, I think YouTube is the best live player out there.

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I know this is just a gag with everything going on but the level of access we now have is crazy.   We went from watching shitty streams (or listening to internet radio…) to having our U20 team televised.  

CSB ontract transparency?  Absolutely.  I am all for that. But man it is hard to argue that there hasn’t been a strong effort to grow the game in this country since this deal was signed - and we are some of the biggest beneficiaries.  

Tbh, my post wasn't actually meant as a dig against the CSB -- moreso a dog at those thinking the CSB is sitting around doing nothing because you're right that in the past we'd have no access to these matches

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

So those in the know: is this our best possible team? Who on the list of 60 who is not here, could clearly displace which players in which positions that are here?

I am seriously asking, I have no basis to know if we are going with a strong group or not.

I'm guessing Koleosho would be included in our best possible team, but after last weeks debacle he probably couldn't wait to get out of the Canada camp..lol.  I hope that situation didn't blow our chances with the player!

Edited by prairiecanuck