2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

17 hours ago, Atlantic said:

I can only really see it being Dias to be honest. Costa posted an Instagram post from the u20 friendlies saying “thankful for my debut and first goal for my country”. Would be a bit starstruck if he switched up that quick. Hugo Tavares,  is not near Portugal youth level. Ditto Knight-Lebel for England. Goodman is a maybe but again not sure he’s high profile enough to be on England’s U20 radar. LDF is *probably* not on England’s radar although he is eligible for their U18s… Pellegrino, don’t think he’s high profile enough for Italy. Again ditto Smith, Sabbatasso, Rose and Coimbra. 

Dias will have difficulties to play even in U19 Portuguese team where you have players like Djalo (Paços de Ferreira) that played regularly in Portuguese first league or Neto from Benfica  that won Youth League and played already in Benfica fisrt team or Vasco Sousa from FC Porto (all 2003). Dias was mostly playing in Sporting B in the Portguese 3rd division where they had a lot of difficulties. I see easier for Smith with the French team.....but.....

15 minutes ago, sonic_fcpf said:

Dias will have difficulties to play even in U19 Portuguese team where you have players like Djalo (Paços de Ferreira) that played regularly in Portuguese first league or Neto from Benfica  that won Youth League and played already in Benfica fisrt team or Vasco Sousa from FC Porto (all 2003). Dias was mostly playing in Sporting B in the Portguese 3rd division where they had a lot of difficulties. I see easier for Smith with the French team.....but.....

I dont know where people come up with the idea that Dias is being chased by Portugal lol 

I'm always hearing about this tug of war between Portugal and Canada re: Dias but I doubt he's on Portugal's radar. He made one U16 appearance 4 years ago. 

30 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I dont know where people come up with the idea that Dias is being chased by Portugal lol 

I'm always hearing about this tug of war between Portugal and Canada re: Dias but I doubt he's on Portugal's radar. He made one U16 appearance 4 years ago. 

Our fans (on this forum especially lol) love to believe that all of our players are in some tug-of-war of nations.  Like I'm sorry but Rose and Sabattasso are NOT even probably known to the Argentina staff, Kratt, Omrani, Coimbra, Smith-Lebel... Costa (who I think is great for Canada btw) went to an ID camp a couple years back for Portugal but is a player with 7 starts in the U17 Bundesliga really in the conversation to play for Portugal competitively? 

In all seriousness, I feel like Galindo is just talking about Jebbison who was never with us to begin with and was never going to play with us in Qualifiers.  

Surprised it was Goodman- some people here brought up the fact that CP have better younger options than him, so didn’t think that England would rate him like that.

good on costa. I saw a recent interview, and the kid has the biggest Scarborough accent ever, would be a shame to see him play for any other country.

14 hours ago, Buchta said:

I know of one dual-nat who was contacted by the CSA, but I am not sure he is from a heavy-weight country (according to what Galindo said).   I would be surprised if this player decided to play for Canada.   He already plays for another country.

I'm imagining this is in reference to Atanasov being on the 60-man roster but playing for Bulgaria U19

Did my best to make this a good visual but:

IN:

• GK - Ben Alexander
  • FB - Kobe Franklin
  • FB - Keesean Ferdinand
  • M - Rida Zouhir
  • W - Jean-Aniel Assi
  • F - Hugo Mbongue Mbongue
  • CB - Adam Pearlman *(added to training squad)

OUT:

• GK - Max Anchor (INJURED)
  • GK - Owen Goodman (England - unconfirmed)
  • GK - Adisa De Rosario* (Training Player)
  • CB - Jefferson Alphonse* (Training Player
  • FB - Luc De Fougerolles
  • FB - Eric White* (Training Player)
  • FB - Tyler Crawford
  • M - Jay Herdman
  • M - Max Piepgrass
  • M - Hugo Tavares* (Training Player)
  • F - Mateo Bunbury
  • F - Ronan Kratt
  • F- Shyon Omrani

Players listed in April but not in either camp:

• Tomas Giraldo (?)
  • Luca Koleosho (Espanyol pre-season camp)
  • Jahkeele Marshall Rutty (Injury)
  • Jules-Anthony Vilsaint (?)
Edited by Approve My Account Pls

Who are the big misses here?  For various reasons such as injury, dual national or even unknown reasons.  You could create a competitive starting 11 with players not included in this squad.

Anchor, Goodman, Dias, JMR, Kosi, Coupland, Atanassov, Bunbury, Koleosho, De Fougerolles?  Alvarez, Sabbatasso? Rose?

Edited by Corazon

6 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Who are the big misses here?  For various reasons such as injury, dual national or even unknown reasons.

Anchor, Goodman, Dias, JMR, Kosi, Coupland, Atanassov, Bunbury, Koleosho?  Alvarez, Sabbatasso? Rose?

Goodman, Dias, JMR, Kosi and Koleosho....maybe Bunbury? The rest are just names without any professional experience (albeit the Coupland who I personally don't rate)

Oh one name not mentioned is Jules-Anthony Vilsaint 

Edited by Shway