2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

I know of one dual-nat who was contacted by the CSA, but I am not sure he is from a heavy-weight country (according to what Galindo said).   I would be surprised if this player decided to play for Canada.   He already plays for another country.

Edited by Buchta

8 hours ago, JamesF said:

Players eligible for heavyweight countries

Lucas Dias Portugal

Jesse Costa Portugal

Hugo Tavares Portugal

Jamie Knight-Lebel England

Owen Goodman England

Luc De Fougerollos England

Gabriel Pellegrino Italy

Justin Smith France

Jeronimo Sabbatasso Argentina

Federico Rose Argentina

Tiago Coimbra Brazil

might be missing players 

Costa is in Miami (inst)

We won Zouhir it seems, he’s apparently made up his mind.

We won a battle with one of Portugal, England, Italy, Argentina or Brazil, but also lost one to one of these countries.

Galindo says one player stuck with us despite a promised spot on one of these teams, the other did not.

do you consider the USA a heavy weight as it could be them that we beat or lost to.

Edit, it’s not Argentina, Zouhir, Sabatasso or Rose….

The players were promised spots… so Bunbury, De Fourgolles ? Dias ? Pellogrino… Coimbra?

If it’s Bunbury who’d left I would hope that we never call him back after his father publicly said his kid chose us.

Edited by Dominic94

55 minutes ago, solsous said:

I don't think that Bunbury changed his mind.  I don't think that he is currently eligible.

Alex had said his choice was Canada and that he was offered to be at the US camp, and Zouhir said he would chose after attending our camp so clearly he chose us…

here’s the rub… which nation is in a u-20 tourney now ?

the US, and who else ?

id have suggested Jebbison and Dias…

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Alex had said his choice was Canada and that he was offered to be at the US camp, and Zouhir said he would chose after attending our camp so clearly he chose us…

here’s the rub… which nation is in a u-20 tourney now ?

the US, and who else ?

id have suggested Jebbison and Dias…

Galindo might also have not meant to word it like he did.but it sounded like the person that turned us down would be repping another country imminently (in a cap tie/gone situation). I don't think that fits Dias he isn't getting called into a cap tieing situation anytime soon he can choose to wait. Someone posted that Smith has removed the Canada flag from his instagram but again I don't see him getting called for France or into a cap tie situation. Both are still in a good place to sit and wait. I can see both of them turning down the call for this tournament but not closing the door. For both its highly possible Canada ends up being their best option.

It does fit Koleosho. I just don't know enough about the other duals.  

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Galindo might also have not meant to word it like he did.but it sounded like the person that turned us down would be repping another country imminently (in a cap tie/gone situation). I don't think that fits Dias he isn't getting called into a cap tieing situation anytime soon he can choose to wait. Someone posted that Smith has removed the Canada flag from his instagram but again I don't see him getting called for France or into a cap tie situation. Both are still in a good place to sit and wait. I can see both of them turning down the call for this tournament but not closing the door. For both its highly possible Canada ends up being their best option.

It does fit Koleosho. I just don't know enough about the other duals.  

The UEFA U-19 Championship is happening at the same time, so there are opportunities for both England and France (as well as Serbia, Austria, Italy, Israel, Slovakia, Romania).  So indeed Smith might be with France.  We could also be losing one of the England players.

I hope it's not Bunbury or Costa.  I'm excited about both of them.

54 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

The UEFA U-19 Championship is happening at the same time, so there are opportunities for both England and France (as well as Serbia, Austria, Italy, Israel, Slovakia, Romania).  So indeed Smith might be with France.  We could also be losing one of the England players.

I hope it's not Bunbury or Costa.  I'm excited about both of them.

https://media.fff.fr/uploads/files/039b0ab3b1299ff2d18e854169718281.pdf

Smith is not on this list but final roster for France will be annouced after game tomorrow against Israel