2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

21 minutes ago, maplebanana said:

Based on my quick scroll ...

There are SIX guys with last name Pierre on Haiti! How many Pierre's does one team need?

It is a very very common last name in Haiti.

Half the cousins on my dad's side are named Pierre!

Even their senior team coach is named Pierre!

https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Jacques_Pierre

On 5/29/2022 at 11:16 PM, gigi riva said:

Right now the Toulon Tourney is going on  which is basically a U20 tourney in Toulon France and I think it is invitational. kind of irks me that Canada has not been invited since 2017 yet Mexico , Indonesia, The lovely Saudi Arabia gets invited a few times yet we get ignored.

he

I agree, but do we know we weren't invited? It's possible we were and turned it down.

11 minutes ago, johnyb said:

I agree, but do we know we weren't invited? It's possible we were and turned it down.

Due to not enough money.

But this would’ve been perfect for a real U-20 team. Yea there’s nothing that this group could prepare for, but it’s about the consistent exposure of our players and our program.

Especially with the age group that missed out on into international ball due to Covid.

On 5/29/2022 at 11:16 PM, gigi riva said:

Right now the Toulon Tourney is going on  which is basically a U20 tourney in Toulon France and I think it is invitational. kind of irks me that Canada has not been invited since 2017 yet Mexico , Indonesia, The lovely Saudi Arabia gets invited a few times yet we get ignored.

he

Why would our 20 team get invited? When's the last time our 20 team even qualified for the u20 world cup? 

Edited by Soccerpro2

7 minutes ago, Soccerpro2 said:

Why would our 20 team get invited? When's the last time our 20 team even qualified for the u20 world cup? 

This logic doesn’t work as we were invited before. 

Panama was invited….

9 minutes ago, Shway said:

Panama was invited….

Related to this and our Panama friendly: in this Maurice Revello tournament (formerly Toulon), Panama plays Argentina tomorrow I think and then Saudi Arabia on Saturday. Then they play for final placements, all 12 teams.

So that would mean that they would not be taking players from their u-21s to supplement their squad (and water it down) against us. So I think it reinforces the idea that we are going to see a decent, competitive Panama team at BC Place with their regular core.

On 5/31/2022 at 1:52 PM, Shway said:

Panama was invited….

Your logic doesn't work. We were invited before, sure. Why should be be expected to be invited back? What is there about our u20 program that a host country would desire?

Our senior team is good now. Our u20 program has been trash for a very long time.