2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

2 hours ago, red card said:

It does mean fans will need to pay up. You can't complain about CanadaRedWhite membership fees or ticket prices and also complain at the same time about lack of camps, friendlies and an outdated website.

….not necessarily.

We already knew there was allocated overlaps, and we’ve known that a lot of money has been from WCQ. We saw how much was quickly made for the Red+White, and now Gold, and then black. Also there has been a substantial increase in corporate sponsorships. With every province back to normal, this means a large portion of the CSA revenue will return back to normal with player, coach and referees fees returning. Lastly the in qualifying for the WC we have earned another whopping 8 million.

Knowing all of that, we should see some change to the same ole same ole….but we haven’t yet, and based on how we are trending not sure we will this year. 

Fast forward to the release of the 2022 CSA annual report, and we’re questioning the revenue/expense breakdown. 

Peter Galindo had a tidbit on the U20 camp in his article https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/article/canadians-abroad-roundup-davies-lifts-another-trophy-with-bayern-munich/

"The Canadian U-20 team finished a two-week camp with a 3-0 win and 1-0 loss to Costa Rica in a pair of friendlies. Having spoken to several sources, the likes of Justin Smith (Nice) and Jesse Costa (Wolfsburg) seemingly impressed the coaching staff in both matches. Watch out for their progress over the next few months, especially with the Concacaf Under-20 Championship coming in June."

22 minutes ago, YorkRegionFan said:

Peter Galindo had a tidbit on the U20 camp in his article https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/article/canadians-abroad-roundup-davies-lifts-another-trophy-with-bayern-munich/

"The Canadian U-20 team finished a two-week camp with a 3-0 win and 1-0 loss to Costa Rica in a pair of friendlies. Having spoken to several sources, the likes of Justin Smith (Nice) and Jesse Costa (Wolfsburg) seemingly impressed the coaching staff in both matches. Watch out for their progress over the next few months, especially with the Concacaf Under-20 Championship coming in June."

A nice round up of our players, it unfortunately highlights that many members of our senior squad are not playing or not playing well, let's hope these guys get back on track soon!

22 minutes ago, YorkRegionFan said:

To add on Northern Futbol he mentioned all the dual nationals were very happy with the coaching staff and loved the team and atmosphere. Very good news.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/canadasoccer/albums/72177720298209240

Their flickr page has a bunch of headshots. Notably, there's no headshots for Max Piepgrass and Luc De Fougerolles, so it seems that along with Luc, Max wasn't able to attend the camp.

4 hours ago, VinceA said:

He's also versatile which will serve us well in a 20-man squad.

Will be keeping more of an eye out for him in Forge games. I feel like Ferdinand might not make it in at this point, even if rutty doesn't get fit in time there are plenty of options on the right.

• 2 weeks later...

If you think things have been difficult for us, Jamaican fans are livid because apparently the JFF want top English youth dual-nats who want to play for Jamaica to come in and trial first, which makes no sense as the U20 pool for Jamaica domestically is very weak.

4 hours ago, VinceA said:

If you think things have been difficult for us, Jamaican fans are livid because apparently the JFF want top English youth dual-nats who want to play for Jamaica to come in and trial first, which makes no sense as the U20 pool for Jamaica domestically is very weak.

The word trial might be misinterpreted. We brought in a bunch of overseas guys for trials too.
Reality is this age group is unpredictable, and is merely opportunity based. It wouldn't be right to completely take those opportunities from the local ballas because of that. 

What I do wonder is, do you need a passport to play youth tournaments or can you simply be eligible?
Cause how will they get those passports.

Edited by Shway

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Wow, that might be the blurriest image i have ever seen. But summarized info: all Canada's matches are in Tegucigalpa.

- Jun 18 vs Cuba, early match

- Jun 20 vs USA, late match

- Jun 22 vs St Kitts and Nevis, early match

Edited by Approve My Account Pls
adding early or late match of the day

8 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Good for us I guess. At least 3°C  than San Pedro Sula.

Could you read the kickoff times?

The image seems to have been copied from a WhatsApp chat and then posted by a journalist 😅

No, I couldn't tell what was listed below the team names. The translation of the article suggests that the timings aren't determined yet, just like a match 1/match 2 at each stadium on any given day, I'll edit my original post to add whether we're match 1 or match 2 of the day

4 hours ago, Shway said:

With TFCs thin roster and injuries, I don’t expect to see Franklin, Thompson or JMR.

I don't think JMR will be fit again, which is a huge shame. I would be disappointed if Kosi doesn't make it to the tournament. I think he could be a key player. TFC will have to do whats best in their situation though. 

5 hours ago, narduch said:

The 40-man preliminary rosters are supposed to be out soon too.

It's a 20-to-60-player ( minimum 4 keepers ) preliminary squad. It is due 30 days before the first match which is Thursday, May 19th.

Final 20-player squad ( 2 keepers ) will be due Wednesday, June 8th.

So I'd start tweeting at the CSA on Friday next week ( the 20th ) to release the preliminary squad. ;)

26 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

It's a 20-to-60-player ( minimum 4 keepers ) preliminary squad. It is due 30 days before the first match which is Thursday, May 19th.

Final 20-player squad ( 2 keepers ) will be due Wednesday, June 8th.

So I'd start tweeting at the CSA on Friday next week ( the 20th ) to release the preliminary squad. ;)

Worth a shot. If we start tweeting now, we might find out on June 12th :)