2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

On 4/14/2022 at 12:57 PM, toontownman said:

Watch Galindo's twitter. He said OneSoccer aren't able to show it but they might be streaming from the Costa Rican end. He will tweet if he finds a stream or one is announced. 

Looks unlikely though.

We need OneSoccer to cover these games. This is exactly the type of content I would watch. Instead, I'm presented with endless reruns of Jamaica Vs Honduras. 

On 4/5/2022 at 2:26 PM, VinceA said:

If Dias wants to play those he'd have to file a one-time switch to Portugal since he's played in U23 Olympic qualification with us.

I thought the Olympic U23 games were not considered official FIFA games, hence why he came because he didn't have to file a one time switch if he wanted to play for Portuguese youth teams after. 

I suspect that there is a tight bubble around the players and staff to keep them protected from COVID.  So, media members from OneSoccer just add risk to the bubble.  Plus, many players on the team are under 18 years old, and as minors, the risks are even greater when traveling internationally as per FIFA policy.

2 hours ago, scooterlawrence5 said:

I suspect that there is a tight bubble around the players and staff to keep them protected from COVID.  So, media members from OneSoccer just add risk to the bubble.  Plus, many players on the team are under 18 years old, and as minors, the risks are even greater when traveling internationally as per FIFA policy.

Sounds a bit of an excuse, Costa Rica had very little restrictions ( I was just there), and how much risk is it to throw in a few camera ppl and technical staff 30 feet away?

1 minute ago, pod818 said:

Sounds a bit of an excuse, Costa Rica had very little restrictions ( I was just there), and how much risk is it to throw in a few camera ppl and technical staff 30 feet away?

There is way too much focus on the 100 of us fans who want to see this game being able to do so.  The general fan is not watching this match.  I’m much more happy that the camp is atleast happening.

1 hour ago, trc2014 said:

There is way too much focus on the 100 of us fans who want to see this game being able to do so.  The general fan is not watching this match.  I’m much more happy that the camp is atleast happening.

I feel like there is way more than 100, there is a lot of hype for this camp since it's players from around the world and not from three teams. There was a significant outrage on social media, especially Twitter (some with over 100 likes) about the coverage of the camp.

Also it's not even about a stream, there was no roster updates, no lineups, no highlights, no match updates until 3 hours after the game ended. The fans and the players deserve better. Tired of being okay with the bare minimum.

7 hours ago, El Hombre said:

An optimist would read this as a "would if they could" situation.

I will say the lack of a stream is largely because of Costa Rica. If it was being held at the Mexican national training centre, there would be streams.

When Canada senior women played a friendly in Mexico last November, OneSoccer carried it with Jenkins as commentator. When the Canada u17 women played 2 training camp friendlies at the same centre in December, it was carried on the Mexican FB page. 

They had a 1 camera setup which had a higher view of the pitch than we see at Starlight.

Edited by red card

When is the second game?

I'm not sure how Costa Rica rank at this age group but a 3-0 win seems pretty good. 

Another promising performance from Kosi Thompson today for TFC. Thinking we have Rutty (Hopefully), Thompson, Koleosho, Zouhir, possibly a few others and an outside chance at a dual or two taking part.. maybe. Dias did last time round, although the cap rules seem different this time?

22 hours ago, toontownman said:

When is the second game?

I'm not sure how Costa Rica rank at this age group but a 3-0 win seems pretty good. 

Another promising performance from Kosi Thompson today for TFC. Thinking we have Rutty (Hopefully), Thompson, Koleosho, Zouhir, possibly a few others and an outside chance at a dual or two taking part.. maybe. Dias did last time round, although the cap rules seem different this time?

What’s interesting is that, if this group proves to be “good” or has a bond. How do you 1, cut 23(25) guys down (didn’t count the 2 keepers) and secondly add about 6-8 eligible guys who are playing professional minutes? 

All might be a moot point, as TFC, and Montreal might not release Rida, Kosi, Kobe, Jahkeele, and Keesean. But those guys I would all assume are shoe-ins.

47 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Word going around is that Luca Koleosho is being given a look at the US U20 camp next week, supposed to be a roster of players that haven't really had a look thus far.

Apparently he turned them down earlier in the year (dates maybe didn't work) and they have been pursuing him hard after he turned up on our list. Seems like he probably did the same to us with his club commitments. Will be a shame if he manages to make the US one next week but not ours this past week. 

If you have Instagram, Orange Veins "orange_veins" have been posting most if all the photos I have seen from the tournament. Think they only post pictures after the fact though. Not sure about on the ground updates. 

If they post anything and I have the time I can try and repost it here, though you may need a Instagram account to view it

Edited by canuckgbp