2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

58 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

64AD36F6-3EB4-475D-B95C-C787519369B6.jpeg.be9096720e9edf784cef85f51af2d50a.jpeg

Red is Campagna, Blue is Tavares and Green is Knight-Lebel

Edit: Also guy on far left is Coimbra I think. I originally thought it was Costa but in the video of Catvolo’s goal it looks more like Coimbra.

It's Coimbra because he's screaming in Portuguese. You may not want to know what he's saying but people often scream it when good shit happens at a football match lol

After seeing the photographs posted I have a  question. On all the photos you have one or most of the players pointing to or kissing the Canada Soccer logo. I don't remember that happening that often in previous years. Are these kids just more politically aware and know how to get ahead or has the recent success of our men's and women' teams sparked some pride and love?

Edited by Sal333

5 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

After seeing the photographs posted I have a  question. On all the photos you have one or most of the players pointing to or kissing the Canada Soccer logo. I don't remember that happening that often in previous years. Are these kids just more politically aware and know how to get ahead or has the recent success of our men's and women' teams sparked some pride and love?

I'm betting it's philosophy coming down from Herdman.  I would bet most of the past few days have been about trying to build a culture through all levels similar to what the MNT has.

#1 Max Anchor
#2 Noah Abatneh
#3 Kwasi Poku
#4 Hugo Tavares
#5 Justin Smith
#6 Matteo Campagna
#7 Shyon Omrani
#8 Gabriel Pellegrino
#9 Lowell Wright
#10 Matthew Catavolo
#11 Kamron Habibullah
#12 Jay Herdman
#13 Tyler Crawford
#14 Jefferson Alphonse
#15 Jamie Knight-Lebel
#16 Dino Bontis
#17 Ronan Kratt
#18 Adisa De Rosario
#19 Thiago Coimbra
#20 Jesse Costa
#21 Maël Henry
#22 Eric White
#23 Mataeo Bunbury
#24 Loïc Cloutier
#28 Owen Goodman
? De Fougerolles
? Piepgrass

40 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

I'm betting it's philosophy coming down from Herdman.  I would bet most of the past few days have been about trying to build a culture through all levels similar to what the MNT has.

You guys think thay Herdman made some sort of appearance? Especially if he is responsible for all levels from 15 and up? 

I wonder what his involvement is. If he is a workaholic/perfectionist, would not suprise me of he at lest made an appearance in the florida camp. 

2 minutes ago, Vasi said:

You guys think thay Herdman made some sort of appearance? Especially if he is responsible for all levels from 15 and up? 

I wonder what his involvement is. If he is a workaholic/perfectionist, would not suprise me of he at lest made an appearance in the florida camp. 

Yep. Dropped Jay off with a packed lunch in the morning just after everyone else arrived and was waiting. Then got out of the car and shouted to the group... "That's my boy, that is.." 

"Jay... aren't you missing something.."

"Dad!"

"Jay..."

"okay....I love you.."

"Louder Jay so everyone can hear.."

6 minutes ago, Vasi said:

Herdman pawned off the youth teams to Olivieri to run. 

He is probably concentrating on World Cup prep

Edited by narduch

12 hours ago, Vasi said:

I doubt Herdman himself made an appearance but thought that maybe he told Olivieri and Biello to try to instill pride in the badge.

31 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I was really, really hoping to be able to see some of these games.  Disappointing that we can’t watch some of these guys that we have been talking about as prospects for a while.   At least the camp is happening but man it would be nice to even have a crappy stream available.   

Yeah great result, it would have been nice to watch.  If only our U20s got 1/10th the coverage our National Junior hockey team gets!