2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

26 minutes ago, narduch said:

Do we even have dates?

April 15th and 21st, i.e. this Friday and Thursday next week.

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

Do we know yet if these games will be streamed or anything?

Not yet, but it would depend on if a local broadcaster in Costa Rica is covering the games.

I just noticed how the Championship is being organized. The group winners from Qualifying last year are going straight to the knockout rounds. Not a fan of that at all, those teams would benefit a lot more from playing and gaining chemistry during the group stage. Whoever they run into in the knockout rounds will have a advantage from getting a feel for the tournament. 

28 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I just noticed how the Championship is being organized. The group winners from Qualifying last year are going straight to the knockout rounds. Not a fan of that at all, those teams would benefit a lot more from playing and gaining chemistry during the group stage. Whoever they run into in the knockout rounds will have a advantage from getting a feel for the tournament. 

The format is very forgiving with 3 teams advancing from each group.

On 4/5/2022 at 8:33 PM, Corazon said:

I put together a quick Database of Players that are born in 2003 or later.  Some of the data is dated such as positions, clubs, etc. so if you have updated information, please let me know.  These names were basically pulled from this thread alone so I'm sure there may be more.

(Click the quote to see the extensive list)

Seeing this database of players that Corazon put together, and I thought there's probably some more that we don't know about.  I know I probably sound like a broken record, but with a few guys not available the CSA's level of planning and strategic preparation is horrible. Because this was definitely something they could've done better, knowing that this is a 2 for 1 tournament. 

With the first game of this camp tomorrow, it had me thinking there should've been a camp in February with the 25+ North American based players held in Canada or the US, so that they could have all the players available. Then a 20-man European/South American based camp in Europe or wherever during the international break like what was initially rumoured, so that again all the players could be available (Koleosho, Jules) and properly assessed.

25 man camp whittled down to 20, with 4-5 of the 8 guys in the waiting as shoe-ins. Reminds me of provincial team tryouts or combines where you have to be selfish and show-out to make your assests/skills been seen.
A "brotherhood" (Bontis words) will be hard to build knowing this. Really interesting times ahead

Calling all sleuths, post a good Friday stream if you find one.

3 minutes ago, jordan said:

Maybe the admin forgot? It’s not like this is something they would have experienced before.

Costa Rica doesn`t seem to be giving this any coverage either.

However they have been busy with Women`s World Cup qualifying earlier in the week.

They didn`t even announce their roster as far as I can tell.

For what it's worth, someone tweeted out saying the instagram page @Orange_Veins has some stories up. If you go to there page, in the banner there's a Canada button with all the stories from the camp so far. Not a ton but better than nothing. They had a short pregame story of the locker room. Some small details I noted:

- Mael Henry appears to be wearing the armband

- Jersey numbers that could be seen were as follows: Wright #9, Bunbury #23, Habibullah #11, Omrani #7, Kratt #17, Costa #20, Herdman #12, Catavolo #10, Pellegrino #8, Mael Henry #21 (C), De Rosario #18, Anchor #1