2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

1 hour ago, Shway said:

With everything that is going on, the final player list for this tournament will be released by Wednesday. (10 days before the first game June 18th).

Look for players to make leaks or clubs make announcements or nothing at all.. 

This is the only thing keeping me going right now.  Always loved this tournament.

Man, CSB and OneSoccer is going to get all the massive profits from this tournament instead of Canada Soccer. Such a horrible deal, propping up the CPL. The game against USA will of course be massive, but even the Cuba and Saint Kitts and Nevis games are proven draws for big viewership numbers.

Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully we can make it to our first men's u20 World Cup since we hosted in 2007. Gotta break the streak of 6 straight failures.

On 5/13/2022 at 1:23 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Final 20-player squad ( 2 keepers ) will be due Wednesday, June 8th.

21 hours ago, Shway said:

With everything that is going on, the final player list for this tournament will be released by Wednesday. (10 days before the first game June 18th).

Nitpick my friend, but this is actually the deadline for the associations to submit their squads to CONCACAF.

If the CSA's communications team is scrambling, given the PR stuff they have to deal with, we may not get a roster release until Thursday or Friday.

19 hours ago, Bison44 said:

What??? TSN isnt going to carry these games without being paid a fee to do so??  I am shocked. 

I could have staked my life on DAZN picking up this match tourney given how much interest they have shown in Concacaf and Canada games over the years as well - let's not forget how much their interest has rivaled TSN & Sportsnet in that regard.

4 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Nitpick my friend, but this is actually the deadline for the associations to submit their squads to CONCACAF.

If the CSA's communications team is scrambling, given the PR stuff they have to deal with, we may not get a roster release until Thursday or Friday.

Ahh I see, you're right. 
I guess I was hoping Concacaf would release their list, but that would be too soon.

I was overzealous a bit.

18 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

They might just release it as a distraction. 

They released the 60 man preliminary pretty quick

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

They might just release it as a distraction. 

They released the 60 man preliminary pretty quick

A distraction that just might shed light on how they didn't prepare adequately for this tournament. Knowing it was a double qualifier, and knowing that there was an overlap in budgeted money that was supposed to be allocated for this  (the Costa Rica camp should've been the second).

The only distraction will be if these boys qualify. 

8 minutes ago, Buchta said:

Atanasov started today and scored in the 43rd minute (came off in the 67th) for Bulgaria U19 in a 2-0 win over Bosnia and Herzegovina U19.

so were taking him off the list right?