2023 U20 CONCACAF Championship and U23 Olympic Qualification to be merged in a tournament in Summer 2022

VinceA

1 hour ago, Sal333 said:

Anyone know what time the game is on and if there's any site we can any info on the game? I know it's not being streamed

Can't find much other than the original CSA press release.

"The camp will feature a pair of youth international matches against Costa Rica on the mornings of 15 and 21 April."

So we have a 4 hour window! I feel like 10.30 was reported somewhere. Your best bet is following twitter and searching for Canada u20 or similar.

If only we had some sort of highly organized, super detail oriented modern information driven guy in charge of everything.  Maybe he could get the info passed on to someone that would update the CSA twitter feed at least.  What do duals think of this when we cant even get an online announcement about an u-20 tune up game??  THe U-20's are important, the f#cking olympics are important.  

Starting XI was similar to first match am told:

Anchor, ?, Campagna, Cloutier, Crawford, Smith, Henry, Catavolo, Costa, Wright, Habibullah

I'd be very interested to see how this XI looks when you add in guys like Kosi Thompson at RB, JMR at RW.  Smith can play at CB as well which is a nice option, Rida as an option in Midfield, possibly guys like Assi coming off the bench adding pure pace/directness.  The squad has a quality 14-15 players that can compete with US/Mexico IMO.

Edited by Footyeh

F$cking lazy.  One of the assistant coaches could have texted the lineup to CSA, some clerical staff there tweets it out.  What 5min of work??  Do they want people interested in this team and the youth sides??  Does anyone understand this is how you get duals and people interested...top to bottom in canadian soccer??  

23 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

F$cking lazy.  One of the assistant coaches could have texted the lineup to CSA, some clerical staff there tweets it out.  What 5min of work??  Do they want people interested in this team and the youth sides??  Does anyone understand this is how you get duals and people interested...top to bottom in canadian soccer??  

It actually involves snapping a pic of the game sheet with your phone and forwarding it as an attachment.  It would literally take 10 seconds to get it to the media people at CSA.  

10 minutes ago, narduch said:

Even just a report with proper box scores. A few pics. Etc

The only thing I can think of is maybe they don't want other U20 coaching staff getting any scouting reports on us for the summer, and probably explains the lack of media coverage from the Costa Rican side.