POLL TIME

SpecialK

POLL TIME  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Which Dual National would you like to see play for Canada in World Cup 2022

• CF - Omar Marmoush VfB Stuttgart (Loan)
    • CB - Fikayo Tomori AC Milan
    • CF - Daniel Jebbison Burton Albion (Loan)
    • AM- Marcelo Flores Arsenal U18
    • LW - Carson Bushman-Dormond FC Zurich (Loan)
    • RW - Ferdi Kadioglu Fenerbahce
    • AM- Lucas Dias Sporting B
    • NO ONE
    • Another player - write one in the post

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Good to see the clear choice is Tomori. Still don’t think he’ll switch back and honestly really have no clue if it is possible. 

It’s possible, because of the new rule changes. He just has to wait one more year. If England doesn’t call him up he could be playing for Canada in the World Cup 

12 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

It’s possible, because of the new rule changes. He just has to wait one more year. If England doesn’t call him up he could be playing for Canada in the World Cup 

I know about the rule change but it is still not 100% clear. I also can’t see how England continue to pass on him. 

With Tomori, there are a couple of questions that I have. 

- as an England international until November 2022, could he play for us in friendlies in the build up to the WC?  It would be crucial to integrate him into the squad to avoid disharmony and to make sure we play well.  I suspect there would be allowance for this in a friendly, but am not certain.

- would he pass up a relatively meaningless  England call if it did come between now and November?   At this point he has to recognize that he was just handed a very short sub appearance at the end of a single game to shut down his international future elsewhere.  If I am a player, and I am completely ignored after that (as has been the case) I would be pretty leery of accepting yet another suspect call that just happens to come at a point that would once again make me Ineligible to play elsewhere.   You couldn’t get a more clear cut case of a cynical cap tie - and he would absolutely have to recognize that.  Given that the alternative (in our hypothetical scenario where we get to Qatar) is an appearance in at least two World Cups, I personally think the smart move would be to refuse England.  Just not sure he would see it the same way.  

2 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Flores did play for Mexico u20 and transfermarket took off 🇨🇦 From citizenship. All the videos I have been seeing he could make the 1st team at Arsenal sooner rather than later. 

Smith-Rowe just signed an extension and is class, going to be hard for him to jump him but I guess anything is possible.

He's going to get loaned before he becomes a 1st team starter imo, but you are correct maybe he does get a few appearances. 

Mexico fans and the mexican national team have one of the worse reputations in the world. From racism towards Tajon to homophobic chants just in the last year. Interesting that someone who has options would chose that country , although maybe he doesn't want to deal with the abuse he will get by not picking Mexico ( in typical Mexico fan fashion).

Real pitty if he goes plays for a country he wasn't even born in after growing up in Canada and playing most of his youth soccer here. 

Hope he makes the right choice.

Edited by apbsmith

3 hours ago, SpecialK said:

Flores did play for Mexico u20 and transfermarket took off 🇨🇦 From citizenship. All the videos I have been seeing he could make the 1st team at Arsenal sooner rather than later. 

Octobers match in the Azteca is actually the Battle for Flores, we just didn't know it yet

I know some are saying no we should bring the team we have now. I love the team we have plus add Arfield, we are solid. 

lots of depth at the CF spot- David , Larin, Cavallini, Akinola. But Jebbison looks like an huge Athletic monster, who could be breaking out just before the World Cup. If we can get him now We should. 

The wing spot- what a great debate do we need more wingers ? Buchanan is a monster but young. We have seen him have bad games. Now if Hoilett gets hurt ( he is getting up there) who do we have after those two ? . Ferdi would be amazing option, Plus he can play AM as well. 
Just a thought- if we had Ferdi and Jebbison, we could rest some players and your Quality shouldn’t drop. Holiett and others don’t need to play three games in a week. Herdman should bring a bigger roster in October 

For me Tomori is a lock for sure! Miller Vitoria, Kennedy and Henry are good but Tomori is a HUGE upgrade over all of them. 

Also these players are young roughly the same age but so talented. We should be going after all of them. We need a real youth team where they can play together. 

Edited by SpecialK

For those that are bringing up the loyalty factor what do you say if a young player starts to play out of this world in the CPL, MLS or even overseas. What if Yao (I know it's not realistic but for argument's sake) between now and Nov 2022 starts to shine as a CB? Do you not bring him in?

That's the first point. The second point is have you guys forgotten what happened to us in the semi-finals at the Gold Cup? Before the tourny we had the best attacking group of players in the confederation. Come the semis we're without Davies, David, Larin, Cavallini, Akinola. Most of our offense was gone!

You never have enough good players! Injuries, suspensions and other mishaps can occur at any minute. Bring Tomori in and we'll sweat the small stuff later.

Edited by Sal333