Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

20 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I see Watford sold his teammate Asprilla the young wing to Girona today, apparently spent 20 million pounds. 

Funnily I just saw a guy in a Watford shirt on Seymour in Vancouver, I pointed to the shirt but he wouldn't talk to me, bee in his bonnet I guess. 

I don't think it's him, I think it's that Neymar Barcelona jersey you insist on wearing everywhere.  (Hint: He's not universally loved.)  😉

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Hope he’s going in cleats up like that when he’s training with Greenwood

Shame that the most interesting European club from a CANMNT perspective, the one that is arguably primed to be the most successful of them all, is basically Prison FC + Kone & Cornelius.

Who else other than Greenwood? I already felt guilty supporting a club with that scumbag on it. I didn;t know there were others.

13 minutes ago, jdheid said:

Who else other than Greenwood? I already felt guilty supporting a club with that scumbag on it. I didn;t know there were others.

I believe Elye Wahi has also had some very bad controversies as well.  I would bet that is who @InglewoodJack is referring to.

It's also never a good look when Neal Maupay is NOT the most controversial member of your team.  I believe Amine Harit may have some as well.

Edited by Corazon

1 hour ago, jdheid said:

Former rumoured Canadian dual national Wahi did some [REDACTED- check his wiki page] stuff, and Harit did vehicular manslaughter. 3 of their front 4!!! 

It’s a shame too, because I really like the Marseille shirt and would love to wear it- it’s such an iconic shirt and I’ve wanted a French club shirt for a bit- I don’t like the Nice colours and LOSC is, well, LOSC, so Marseille would’ve been a great purchase, but they’re going to be less known this year for their future top 10 CM in the world: and more famous for the little shit from Man U who’s probably going to score 35 goals and end up signing for Madrid for like €100M in 18 months. 

15 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Former rumoured Canadian dual national Wahi did some [REDACTED- check his wiki page] stuff, and Harit did vehicular manslaughter. 3 of their front 4!!! 

It’s a shame too, because I really like the Marseille shirt and would love to wear it- it’s such an iconic shirt and I’ve wanted a French club shirt for a bit- I don’t like the Nice colours and LOSC is, well, LOSC, so Marseille would’ve been a great purchase, but they’re going to be less known this year for their future top 10 CM in the world: and more famous for the little shit from Man U who’s probably going to score 35 goals and end up signing for Madrid for like €100M in 18 months. 

Determining loyalty to a club or shirt based on moral red lines applied to this or that player is futile. Or to a club president, or some incident, like the Whitecaps dropping the ball on harrassment. All of that can shift in any direction at any time, so just stay true to your colours and if you have to hold your nose, do it.

A friend who's on this board has a red Lille shirt with David's name, lovely really. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

27 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Determining loyalty to a club or shirt based on moral red lines applied to this or that player is futile. Or to a club president, or some incident, like the Whitecaps dropping the ball on harrassment. All of that can shift in any direction at any time, so just stay true to your colours and if you have to hold your nose, do it.

A friend who's on this board has a red Lille shirt with David's name, lovely really. 

I would be more inclined to feel this way if I had any previous attachment to Marseille- I like their colours, like buying shirts, and I follow the clubs our players play for, but if Kone and Cornelius both leave after this season, I doubt I’ll follow much Marseille until they bring in their next Canadian. If they were my boyhood club, I’d probably feel a bit more conflicted, but following our national team, I have the privilege of hoping that they do well enough to showcase our players for their next big move, but I can still criticize them for signing some of the world’s more detestable players.