Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

15 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

Speaking of Kone jerseys, anyone find a way to get a customizable Canadian jersey with #8 Koné? I’d like to send one to my cousin in England.

Canada Soccer Store seemingly doesn’t have him as an option when choosing “Pick-A-Player”.

https://www.canadasoccerstore.com/en/mens-nike-red-canada-soccer-2024-home-replica-pick-a-player-jersey/p-244478430798122403+z-93-541663101?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r0c2:po-2

Not sure I see the option for the white though. Think it was there before, maybe sold out?

5 hours ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Yeah, Koné not there. Likely sold out! Would make sense after his run of form. Cheers.

2 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

Yeah, Koné not there. Likely sold out! Would make sense after his run of form. Cheers.

Ah my bad, I thought you meant no customizable ones at all, but you're right he's not there. Davies is there though, surprised Kone would be sold out before him (though he obviously has a lot of hype after his performances rightfully so)

2 hours ago, costarg said:

This might show all my 51 years, but did they not have his size available?  Or is this a Marseille style trend thing? 

All that extra fabric will deviate his runs and slow him down on windy days.

Surely watching football (or basketball even) in the 90/00s blew your mind, then. 

craig-forrest-5d207dd64d7341aa44000003jp

In other kit/number news, if you don't like 51, check out Georges Mikautadze's number at Lyon.

2 hours ago, costarg said:

This might show all my 51 years, but did they not have his size available?  Or is this a Marseille style trend thing? 

Maybe they want jerseys they can sell to 50 year old dad bods.   I don’t look good in the slimfit trendy shirts.  

On 7/26/2024 at 1:49 PM, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Ah my bad, I thought you meant no customizable ones at all, but you're right he's not there. Davies is there though, surprised Kone would be sold out before him (though he obviously has a lot of hype after his performances rightfully so)

I'm sure they make 100x more Davies jerseys than Kone jerseys.

I see they have a friendly vs Sunderland this weekend which happens to be owned by Kyril Louis-Dreyfus. Kyril grew up supporting Marseille since his father, Robert Louis-Dreyfus owned them before he passed.

Appears that Robert’s ex-wife, still owns 5% of Marseille.

So, this friendly definitely makes sense. 

(Took an interest because some of the info was in the latest season of Sunderland til I Die).

On 7/29/2024 at 10:06 PM, Big_M said:

is 51 for the bus line that goes through notre dame de grace where he played in youth years?

In his intro video, he said it’s the nickname for his neighbourhood in Montreal- I don’t know if it’s the first two digits of 514, or if it’s specifically for VSL (NDG?). Saw a TikTok a little while back about different neighbourhood slang names in Montreal and I think a few of them are numbers.

There’s also a type of liquor, native to Marseille called 51, and I don’t think he knew that, but a lot of fans have taken kindly to him because of his number. 

14 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

I see they have a friendly vs Sunderland this weekend which happens to be owned by Kyril Louis-Dreyfus. Kyril grew up supporting Marseille since his father, Robert Louis-Dreyfus owned them before he passed.

Appears that Robert’s ex-wife, still owns 5% of Marseille.

So, this friendly definitely makes sense. 

(Took an interest because some of the info was in the latest season of Sunderland til I Die).

Oh wow, Elaine Benes has a famous uncle. Go figure. 

20 minutes ago, RS said:

Her father was a billionaire. She acts purely for the love of the game, which reflects in her work IMO.

I knew she came from aristocracy, didn’t know about the Marseille connection until relatively recently. Funny enough, I’m pretty sure in Seinfeld her character was written as coming from money too.

Cool, beautiful, amazing actress, extremely talented, didn’t have to work a day in her life but did it anyways and became one of the most iconic television actors of all time. Some people are just the worst. 

6 minutes ago, ahmedou said:

51 is Parc Extension. Where he comes from. It's an arrondissement of Montreal. 

That'll make more sense to me. 

His choice of this number means that he never forget where he comes from.

He’s from Parc Ex? I thought he was for sure a west end guy- St. Laurent or maybe NDG which is where his first club was. This man grew up riding the blue line end to end to go play soccer. No surprise that sort of drive put him into a top 5 league so quickly. 

On 7/29/2024 at 4:44 PM, costarg said:

Baggy late 90s/2000s kits are coming into fashion again. 

18 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

He’s from Parc Ex? I thought he was for sure a west end guy- St. Laurent or maybe NDG which is where his first club was. This man grew up riding the blue line end to end to go play soccer. No surprise that sort of drive put him into a top 5 league so quickly. 

Montrealers talents goes to CS St Laurent. Whenever the place they come from in Montreal.

Montrealers talents don't go to Montreal Impact, No CF Montreal, etc. 

St Laurent is the best soccer club in Montreal for developing youth in soccer and to play youth soccer at the best level. 

1 hour ago, ahmedou said:

Montrealers talents goes to CS St Laurent. Whenever the place they come from in Montreal.

Montrealers talents don't go to Montreal Impact, No CF Montreal, etc. 

St Laurent is the best soccer club in Montreal for developing youth in soccer and to play youth soccer at the best level. 

I know that, but since he played at NDG before that, I figured he was based somewhere in the west end of the city. Whenever someone mentions where our guys are from, they always note that Kone and Bombito are VSL guys. This is the first I’ve heard that he’s from Parc Ex.