Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

Posted (edited)
On 7/6/2024 at 5:17 PM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Marsch saying why Bombito ended up taking the penalty.

Such a huge moment for the boys that converted but the shooters that really stood out to me were #1 Davies - It was all on his shoulders where he had to score to keep us alive. Upper 90. #2 was Bombito, where he was iced with the lasers delay, and #3 of course was Kone, who actually hit a very saveable PK. Luckily Romeo guessed the wrong way.

Edited by FC_Hali

Just now, FC_Hali said:

Such a huge moment for the boys that converted but the shooters that really stood out to me were #1 Davies - It was all on his shoulders where he had to score to keep us alive. Upper 90. #2 was Bombito, where he was iced with the lasers delay, and #3 of course was Kone, who actually hit a very saveable PK. Luckily Romeo guessed the wrong way.

to Bombito. He was over 

The placement of Bombito's penalty was saveable, but he had already sent the keeper to the right before shooting to the left. Which is the point of all the hesitation run-ups (which I think should be illegal). 

1 hour ago, Lansdude said:

The lack of respect he showed for de Paul's theatrics is good for the future of the program.

I mean, he was actually lucky he didn't get a red for that - and so I really don't want to encourage it, even if it was warranted.  Sports routinely punish the retaliators rather than the perpetrators.

That said, if ever there was a LOL MOTM moment in this match, it was that one.  Not sure it would be worth a red card, but it was definitely worth the yellow.

12 minutes ago, GasPed said:

I mean, he was actually lucky he didn't get a red for that - and so I really don't want to encourage it, even if it was warranted.  Sports routinely punish the retaliators rather than the perpetrators.

That said, if ever there was a LOL MOTM moment in this match, it was that one.  Not sure it would be worth a red card, but it was definitely worth the yellow.

Is he? If he had blasted the ball you could have made the argument for violent conduct, but not in this instance.

2 hours ago, jonovision said:

Is he? If he had blasted the ball you could have made the argument for violent conduct, but not in this instance.

Like Paredes did in the World Cup against Netherlands? Still astounded that wasn’t a red and that the little dictator had the audacity to say the ref was against them after the game.