Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

2 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

As an old school V I still have trouble wrapping my head around this golden generation for Canada. Not that long ago, a player at Marseille would have been our "star", but today we have players at Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Porto, Mallorca, Lille, Celtic, Granada, Marseille... AND THEY ALL PLAY. Crazy times!

Congrats Ismael!

Nailed it. Yet somehow we still have people being negative, blows my mind

25 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

We have probably done this before, I can't keep track but it's not odd, if we are honest.

Everyone else that has limited minutes at  good sized (and better) clubs has proved huge amounts with Canada - Eustaquio, Buchanan, Larin, even Davies at points.  Corbeanu is not in that category.  He's not a prospect we need to bring into the system at this point and he's not playing close to regularly.

Hopefully that changes.

We are at a point where being in a good league doesn't magically get you called up.

It's hard to prove value on a team when it never calls you. Even so, Corbeanu has two goals in six games for Canada as a teenager. So, despite the limited minutes, he's actually done pretty well. 

Look at Shaf. Honestly, he impressed me way back in 2019 with TFC, but never got a sniff with the nats. He's finally getting his shot and everyone is amazed by his ability. Thing is, it was always there. He just needed a chance. 

52 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

It's hard to prove value on a team when it never calls you. Even so, Corbeanu has two goals in six games for Canada as a teenager. So, despite the limited minutes, he's actually done pretty well. 

Look at Shaf. Honestly, he impressed me way back in 2019 with TFC, but never got a sniff with the nats. He's finally getting his shot and everyone is amazed by his ability. Thing is, it was always there. He just needed a chance. 

That's your valid opinion.

But it's running into a very tautological argument, you think he should get a chance because...you think he should get a chance.

Your Shaffellburg example makes my point - he got a few early Canada appearances but when he was called up for the Gold Cup squad last year, he had played in all but one MLS game to that point that season.

He was playing regularly.

(And it was a B squad.) He had added a couple important important goals since for us but he was playing with is club first. Pretty much the same this season with his club, with maybe even a few more minutes. 

To get back to the point, is not odd to not call a player that isn't playing enough and has no extenuating circumstances like a strong history or being new.

25 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

That's your valid opinion.

But it's running into a very tautological argument, you think he should get a chance because...you think he should get a chance.

Your Shaffellburg example makes my point - he got a few early Canada appearances but when he was called up for the Gold Cup squad last year, he had played in all but one MLS game to that point that season.

He was playing regularly.

(And it was a B squad.) He had added a couple important important goals since for us but he was playing with is club first. Pretty much the same this season with his club, with maybe even a few more minutes. 

To get back to the point, is not odd to not call a player that isn't playing enough and has no extenuating circumstances like a strong history or being new.

Even when Corbeanu was playing regularly with Grasshopper, taking practically all set pieces, banging out assists, and was among the top three best-rated players for them, he still wasn't in the Canadian squad.

I know he didn't play much with Granada, but it was La Liga, and he did at least score once. Buchanan didn't play much with Inter, either. Granted, it's Inter, but a 22-year-old on a La Liga side not getting called for the squad at all is odd. 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Even when Corbeanu was playing regularly with Grasshopper, taking practically all set pieces, banging out assists, and was among the top three best-rated players for them, he still wasn't in the Canadian squad.

I know he didn't play much with Granada, but it was La Liga, and he did at least score once. Buchanan didn't play much with Inter, either. Granted, it's Inter, but a 22-year-old on a La Liga side not getting called for the squad at all is odd. 

I hope the coach picks players for their current play, contribution to the national team and/or to bring them into the squad. It is a whole lot worse than odd to pick otherwise.

Here's hoping he sorts his club situation to the point he is playing regularly and we see him. He has the talent.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

5 hours ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

As an old school V I still have trouble wrapping my head around this golden generation for Canada. Not that long ago, a player at Marseille would have been our "star", but today we have players at Bayern Munich, Inter Milan, Porto, Mallorca, Lille, Celtic, Granada, Marseille... AND THEY ALL PLAY. Crazy times!

Congrats Ismael!

Remember when we were excited to have a player in Marseille’s YOUTH SYSYEM?

Posted (edited)

The only issue with their jerseys are that they charge almost as much as an NHL jersey. Last season's are 20% off and it's still 71 euros for the cheapest replica with no name.

Edited by sebdeserio

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

The only issue with their jerseys are that they charge almost as much as an NHL jersey. Last season's are 20% off and it's still 71 euros for the cheapest replica with no name.

Do you get 3 new NHL jerseys every year?

(Haven't paid attention for a while)

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

3 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Do you get 3 new NHL jerseys ever year?

(Haven't paid attention for a while)

I'm not certain but think the home and away don't get changed every year. Last year they made "reverse retro" jerseys for each team which is supposed to be a throwback jersey and the Leafs also have the St. Pats one they wear once a year which gets updated every year I think. So maybe 2-3 new ones a year.

19 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

€140 for the match jersey on the official team store. Probably decent shipping charge above that too. I balked on a Porto jersey when I was in Portugal earlier this year because their shirts were €120. That’s crazy. I think I paid £75 for my Celtic jersey and like €50 for my red star jersey. These are insane. I guess they’ll last you years though. 

34 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

I'm not certain but think the home and away don't get changed every year. Last year they made "reverse retro" jerseys for each team which is supposed to be a throwback jersey and the Leafs also have the St. Pats one they wear once a year which gets updated every year I think. So maybe 2-3 new ones a year.

My club with have 3 new ones most every year.

Luckily I'm not a colllector and pick my battles. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, sebdeserio said:

Yup.

Last time I made an order on their webstore to ship to 🇨🇦, I was charged double. The second charge was from Canadian customs. 😬

And that didn't include the shipping costs as @InglewoodJack mentioned.

I don't want to spend €250 Euros.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

Kind of curious how this would have gone about. I can't imagine he went to the Marseille facilities for testing. Did Marseille send their medical team to the States to perform the testing? This may have attributed to how poorly he has been playing. Perhaps he had to miss some training sessions, and this has led to his performance.

Just now, Stryker911 said:

Kind of curious how this would have gone about. I can't imagine he went to the Marseille facilities for testing. Did Marseille send their medical team to the States to perform the testing? This may have attributed to how poorly he has been playing. Perhaps he had to miss some training sessions, and this has led to his performance.

They said they were doing it in the States.

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Yup.

Last time I made an order on their webstore to ship to 🇨🇦, I was charged double. The second charge was from Canadian customs. 😬

And that didn't include the shipping costs as @InglewoodJack mentioned.

I don't want to spend €250 Euros.

You can probably find a kit somewhere in Canada (you’d probably know best). I know Sports expert in Quebec has a surprisingly good jersey selection. They had a bunch of Lille David and also blank jerseys last time I checked. With how many French people live here, I’d assume a lot of shops would carry the big French club shirts.

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

You can probably find a kit somewhere in Canada (you’d probably know best). I know Sports expert in Quebec has a surprisingly good jersey selection. They had a bunch of Lille David and also blank jerseys last time I checked. With how many French people live here, I’d assume a lot of shops would carry the big French club shirts.

The places I know within Canada didn't have player names/numbers or custom.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Picked these up on Provence last year. Couldn't find a cheap jersey though! 

OM2.jpg

Edited by Soro17