Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

37 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

No news, but usually a TSN mention means there’s something concrete:

Think a good game tonight all but seals a transfer. 

I sure hope so because he needs to get out of Watford like now

37 minutes ago, narduch said:

All the rumours he's posting have a 'no shit Sherlock' feel to them if you spend any time on this forum 

This, unfortunately, has ruined a lot of Canadian soccer coverage for me. Listening to a podcast about some random dual national and it’s like “oh yeah there was a 26 page discussion on the forum 4 days ago for this, old news” 

17 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

Sources tell me Matthew Scianitti is posting some very broad and non-committal stuff based on very basic Canadian soccer knowledge. If he keeps this up, he'll have many more tweets than he used to.

He has a good relationship with Axia Sports Management. 

Yes, his tweets are “generic” but they’re mentioning leagues we hadn’t heard yet. Only Kone rumour so far has been Roma. Only DC rumour so far was a Dutch fan blog saying Feyenoord. Only Liam Millar rumour has been sunderland. Take it with a grain of salt and this is definitely coming from the agent, but let’s not pretend that TSN talking about it means nothing. 

19 minutes ago, shermanator said:

This board - "I wish more media covered the game in this country"

National sports reporter covers a transfer rumour about a national team player. 

This board - "That reporter doesn't know anything fuck that guy"

Basically called Pulling a Westhead

18 hours ago, narduch said:

Basically called Pulling a Westhead

I don't read him often but Westhead seems like an ambulance chaser in regards to his journalistic approach. I don't see a comparison as he doesn't really cover sport 

13 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Maybe not his best game but he had his moments, this is a stage that most of our boys can only dream, until the past few months. It’s natural for him and everyone to have nerves.

We look at it and lament he had a poor game with so many cheap giveaways.  But the typical big time manager might not see it that way, a championship player against all the top 5 league guys on Arg would be a mismatch most times eh?  I dont think that performance  gets him a big transfer, but it prob doesnt hurt him as much as we might think it does.  

Such a strange performance. His gaffes didn’t read like a player in above his head, it looked like a player actively harming the team. Not that I in anyway think that was the case, but he made these great plays and then booted the ball straight to Argentina. Didn’t look like he was under too much pressure or like he was getting exposed, just looked like brain fart after brain fart. 

That was a somewhat shocking performance by Kone and I am quite surprised given his ascendency, I know he had a few of these with The Hornets so maybe it's just part of his maturation process?  I fully expect him to start the next game and would not be surprised if he makes amends and has a cracker of a match however I think JM will have a shorter rope for him if he has another poor showing despite our lack of options in that position!

37 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I do think that he (and others) need to deliver and seize this opportunity for global exposure. These high profile games can be a platform for a big move - but I think the converse is also true.   

We have a three game sample against the highest level opponents: one okay (Holland), one good (France), one mediocre/bad (Argentina). That's a decent start for him. The question is can he learn and improve against these higher level teams. We shall see.

Edited by Cicero

24 minutes ago, gator said:

That was a somewhat shocking performance by Kone and I am quite surprised given his ascendency, I know he had a few of these with The Hornets so maybe it's just part of his maturation process?  I fully expect him to start the next game and would not be surprised if he makes amends and has a cracker of a match however I think JM will have a shorter rope for him if he has another poor showing despite our lack of options in that position!

Against Peru I think we should start Choinière in place of Koné.

20 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

Against Peru I think we should start Choinière in place of Koné.

By the time we get to match 3 I suspect we will be forced to make some changes due to injury or yellow cards.

Edited by nolando

15 minutes ago, kingvikingstad said:

What? Why?

Koné had a bad game against Argentina and it’s time to give Choinière a start. I don’t think we are at the point where Koné is an automatic starter.

9 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

Koné had a bad game against Argentina and it’s time to give Choinière a start. I don’t think we are at the point where Koné is an automatic starter.

He has started all the games since the World Cup that he was in the  squad (over 10).

Probably safe to say he is.

People have had bad games and Marsch hasn't changed much yet. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

26 minutes ago, Grandbloke said:

I understand the thinking but I think he may shine against slightly lesser opponents.  I don’t see Marsch changing things up to start the next one unless Choiniere has really impressed him in training.   

15 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I understand the thinking but I think he may shine against slightly lesser opponents.  I don’t see Marsch changing things up to start the next one unless Choiniere has really impressed him in training.   

That's what is a little bewidering about last night, he had arguably his best match in a Canada shirt vs the #2 team in the world, I expected him to just carry on from there! I don't think he was overwhelmed by the occasion last night, I think it may have just been a bad day at the office, all players have them!