Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

8 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Just a reminder that Kone has played  less than 2 pro seasons. He has been at Watford for less than 1 full season (end of Dec) and during that time has played for 3 different coaches and perhaps 4 before the end of the season. There's also been a big turnover of mid players from Jan when he joined them. 

Because of work, I watched the game in chunks.  I missed the starting lineup and I basically didn’t even know he was on the field for much of the first half.  I get that he is young but he is supposed to justify a starting spot.  Frequently in recent games, he hasn’t. 

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Because of work, I watched the game in chunks.  I missed the starting lineup and I basically didn’t even know he was on the field for much of the first half.  I get that he is young but he is supposed to justify a starting spot.  Frequently in recent games, he hasn’t. 

For Canada that’s not true. He was immense in his first 3 games this year and then didn’t play in the gold cup. 

8 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

For Canada that’s not true. He was immense in his first 3 games this year and then didn’t play in the gold cup. 

Agree he outplayed Staq vs the US in NL

11 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

To be fair, most of our players were invisible and when they were, it generally  wasn't for the right reasons. Not absolving Kone, but when you have games like this you have to first look at the performances of the veteran leadership. There's a lot of blame to go around, including the coaching staff.

Edited by Kadenge

11 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I think it was against the US in the NL final where he was arguably our best player? Or certainly one of them. I’m not worried that we’ll see the Kone we know on November. I think his Watford form is separate from his with Canada.

I hope so.

The part I find weird is all the talk of Kone not playing well and the criticisms, and then Osorio who hasn't shown up for a game in 12 months keeps getting passes, excuses and automatic selections to the 11.  Kone's situation is explainable, he's still crazy young and his team, playing time and coach situation is difficult.  Osorio has been playing every minute for CANMNT as well as TFC and he still looks terrible out there. 

Not sure what is worse, our criticizing one of the gems in our program vs the coaches that keep playing Osorio and us still thinking he's relevant when he's clearly lost it.

Kone is at the very least trying, the only effort we see from Osorio is avoiding the ball.

Edited by costarg

22 minutes ago, costarg said:

The part I find weird and explainable is all the talk of Kone not playing well and the criticisms, and then Osorio who hasn't shown up for a game in 12 months keeps getting passes, excuses and automatic selections to the 11.  Kone's situation is explainable, he's still crazy young and his team, playing time and coach situation is difficult.  Osorio has been playing every minute for CANMNT as well as TFC and he still looks terrible out there. 

Not sure what is worse, our criticizing one of the gems in our program vs the coaches that keep playing Osorio and us still thinking he's relevant when he's clearly lost it.

Kone is at the very least trying, the only effort we see from Osorio is avoiding the ball.

Well it’s not an either / or. You can criticize both of them.

but I generally agree with you re:Oso. He looks pretty much done at this stage. He’s fallen off a cliff in the last two years.

1 hour ago, RS said:

[costarg]

A Montreal player is receiving mild criticism in his own dedicated thread? Quick, let's make this about Osorio and TFC.

[/costarg]

A butt-hurt TFC fan can't cope with present reality and needs to make it MTL vs TFC. 

I don't want or need to bash TFC, they're doing it all themselves and I'm not happy about it.  Pretty certain everyone here knows I'm CANMNT, CFM, TFC and VWC in that order, but a supporter of each.

You can't say the same.  Difference is I'm a supporter, you're a hater.

Edited by costarg

Just now, costarg said:

A butt-hurt Impact fan can't cope with present reality and needs to make it MTL vs TFC. 

FTFY.

For someone who accused @Shway of showing his TFC underwear, you really spend a lot of time posting about Osorio and TFC. What was the point of bringing them up in this thread, anyway?

3 minutes ago, RS said:

FTFY.

For someone who accused @Shway of showing his TFC underwear, you really spend a lot of time posting about Osorio and TFC. What was the point of bringing them up in this thread, anyway?

Try reading the post again.  If you still don't get it and have time to kill, go back to the posts since Friday and find how many posts are talking about Kone and how many mention Osorio's.  That's the point.

2 minutes ago, RS said:

"I'm not happy about TFC being shit," says the guy who feels the need to bring up the fact that TFC is shit in a Kone thread where no one else is talking about TFC.

You brought up TFC and MTL.  I mentioned Osorio still getting minutes with CANMNT and TFC.  That is not a shot about TFC.  Just read man, no need to make everything so personal.

9 minutes ago, RS said:

FTFY.

Pretty sure Shway read it as the joke it was.  He even laughed at the comment as well as a few others I believe.  

15 minutes ago, costarg said:

Try reading the post again.  If you still don't get it and have time to kill, go back to the posts since Friday and find how many posts are talking about Kone and how many mention Osorio's.  That's the point.

It's ok if Kone gets criticized. There's no need to bring Osorio into the Kone thread just to make Kone seem better.

That's my point.

11 minutes ago, costarg said:

You brought up TFC and MTL.  I mentioned Osorio still getting minutes with CANMNT and TFC.  That is not a shot about TFC.  Just read man, no need to make everything so personal.

This isn't personal. TFC is dogshit this year, was dogshit last year and may be dogshit next year. I don't even post about TFC on this board all that often.

I just don't understand your weird obsession with telling everyone how bad Osorio is, even in unrelated threads. It's a definite pattern I've noticed.

He had a concussion in July 2022 and hasn't been the same since. Right up until that point he was playing at an MLS all-star level. If I take anything personally it's the need to run down a player who has served our MNT so well over the years.

2 hours ago, Floortom said:

Well it’s not an either / or. You can criticize both of them.

but I generally agree with you re:Oso. He looks pretty much done at this stage. He’s fallen off a cliff in the last two years.

You certainly could have taken both off at half time when it was 0-3 and then give longer auditions to Choiniere and Paton 

However, it is pretty clear Biello's rolling with his incumbents and in all positions (for better or worse), unless there is an injury issue, so as I stated in the match thread, hopefully they are all playing regularly and in relatively good form at club level in the weeks leading up to the November matches.

Personally, even though I live in Toronto and follow TFC, I don't have any club loyalties when it comes to the CMNT which is my priority. I believe Oso's name was brought up because there were comments about Kone  having a poor game, which was true. But then again one could say the same of Oso and Piette who were all subbed out and are seasoned veterans who consistently start for their clubs, so the bar should be higher for them. Don't think there's any hidden agenda here. At least I hope not.

3 hours ago, RS said:

It's ok if Kone gets criticized. There's no need to bring Osorio into the Kone thread just to make Kone seem better.

That's my point.

This isn't personal. TFC is dogshit this year, was dogshit last year and may be dogshit next year. I don't even post about TFC on this board all that often.

I just don't understand your weird obsession with telling everyone how bad Osorio is, even in unrelated threads. It's a definite pattern I've noticed.

He had a concussion in July 2022 and hasn't been the same since. Right up until that point he was playing at an MLS all-star level. If I take anything personally it's the need to run down a player who has served our MNT so well over the years.

My only point with Osorio is come November half this forum and Biello will have him in the 11, and say Hoilett is old, Choiniere and Paton haven't proven themselves yet, etc....

Fully agree on his form pre-concussion, but that's the thing, he shouldn't keep getting a free pass based on history.  Hoilett and Choiniere were better options for the same role.  I'm picking on Biello for putting him out there again, same as Borjan and Vitoria.  Nothing against the players, they do what they can with their bodies and mindset.  However Biello has options, this is on him, and he's an x-Impact guy, so there you go.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

My only point with Osorio is come November half this forum and Biello will have him in the 11, and say Hoilett is old, Choiniere and Paton haven't proven themselves yet, etc....

Fully agree on his form pre-concussion, but that's the thing, he shouldn't keep getting a free pass based on history.  Hoilett and Choiniere were better options for the same role.  I'm picking on Biello for putting him out there again, same as Borjan and Vitoria.  Nothing against the players, they do what they can with their bodies and mindset.  However Biello has options, this is on him, and he's an x-Impact guy, so there you go.

Hoilet is 100% a better pick than oso for cam but he cant play 90 and is limited defensively. Choiniere is not the choice for CAM. He didnt show enough against japan to improve (or reduce) his CMNT status as an 8. No chance we should rely on him as a 10 to break down teams in low blocks. I did think paton improved his CMNT status though.  

At this point it might be better to play with David as a 10 in a 4-2-3-1 or play 4-3-3 with a DM and two 8s and hope staq and kone can provide enough at 8 to help buchanan, millar and david.  Glaring hole in our 10 positon.