Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

A lot of guys coming out of NCAA are about that age and  now  start for us: AJ, Laryea, Miller and moving forwards probably St Clair & Bombito. Ahmed is in his first  pro MLS season and hasn't played a lot. Give him at least till the end of this season.

7 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

How do you know for sure? He has but 2 caps so far.

Like @jonovision says. Being a late bloomer doesn't guarantee he won't get there, but the odds are against him to develop into a top player. I would be pleased to see him have an Oso type of career for club and country, which would be a fine accomplishment and very helpful to the Nats. That's his ceiling based on what I see. Of course he can get to Europe and do things, but I see more of a guy who can make it in a Belgium/Holland type level, not so much a England/Spain type of level.

On the other hand, Laryea has La Liga interest and is arguably a tier 1 player, or is at least on the cusp, and Ahmed is not far from Richie in terms of potential based on what we see. He just needs the reps to prove consistency. Richie/Oso are basically in the same tier of player for me though and someone like Kone should go on to much bigger and better things than both. That is the kind of standard I mean when I say who is that NEXT guy? Who is that next Kone/Buchanan/David/Davies/Eustaquio? 

The answer no one wants to hear but is probably true is that our best current prospect is Jonathan Sirois. His absolute floor is probably Max Crepeau, and with how unpredictable MLS keeper moves are, I wouldn't be shocked if he's playing (or at least signed to a team) in the premier league within 3 years. At his age, Matt Turner was playing in the USL, now he's at Arsenal. Zack Steffen was 23 when he played his first full pro season for an A team and now he's with Manchester City (or Middlesborough, still). Djordje Petrovic was 23 when he got his MLS start and he's being linked to Man United. Keepers are unpredictable, and there was a time we thought Dayne St. Clair might be going abroad this year or next, but when I look at whoever else in our pipeline, you see guys like Corbeanu who could put it all together, you have young guys like Tahid or Stefanovic who could go either way but might be *really* good, you have Ali Ahmed who is very good, but older and might peak as a Laryea-tier player- not a bad outcome by any means, but not someone who's going to reach the Davies/David/Eustaquio tier. Based on potential, current performance and likeliness to play for our NT, gotta go with Sirois. Not a bad position for us to have a good upcoming talent in.

De Fougerolles is very interesting, but isn't he being linked with the England youth teams? I'm sure he's like 27th on England's depth charts, but from what I'm hearing, he might actually be good enough for them to take his development seriously. Hard to pay attention to him until he at least plays for a youth team of ours, something I suspect won't happen for a while, if ever.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

In the bench for Watford in preseason friendly vs Birnam- oops Boreham- Wood.

So there's nothing to fear (Macbeth reference).

Ah, that’s a shame. I couldn’t find him in any of Watford’s training camp videos and thought that meant he was just going to go to Udinese directly. He came on at half. Looks like he shot one off the post.

It was announced today that Montreal received the most WC money of any MLS team, third in concacaf and 10th worldwide outside of Europe, but interestingly enough, CS St. Laurent got $69,000 (USD) because of Kone which I think could go really far for a club like that. 

apparently Valour earned $16k. Would that be from Pantemis?

14 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Why wouldn’t Cavalry get the same for Waterman? 

how do these work? Is it every club you’ve played for over the last 3 years gets a cut?

I saw somewhere that Valour's payment went pack to Pantemis' time on the roster in 2020 for the Island Games season. Waterman didn't play for Cavalry in 2020.

43 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

Crazy how much money FIFA dishes out, but for some of those big clubs it's probably small change. 

Well, according to TransferMarkt, Bayern's roster is worth €894.5m, meaning that their FIFA payment of $4.3m USD is  0.43% of their roster value.  On the other hand, Valour FC's roster value is €2.65m, which means their $16k payment is worth 0.54% of their roster.  So who benefitted more (relatively)?  😀 

Just now, InglewoodJack said:

Why wouldn’t Cavalry get the same for Waterman? 

how do these work? Is it every club you’ve played for over the last 3 years gets a cut?

There's a rather detailed thread on this in the WC forum if you can check. I used to have it in my head but the eligibility criteria were specific, and related to natural contract periods (ending June 30 or December 31)… percentages of contract years, loan spells.

• 2 weeks later...