Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

55 minutes ago, Joe1973 said:

Curious to see what happens next game. Coach during pre-match interview was very adamant on how he didn't like the lack of "fight" by some of the Watford players in last game. Didn't see that game but based on comments above, if he was pushed off ball a few times, he definitely might have been 1 of the players who the coach was referring to.

I didn't watch much of the first half but second half was a shambles. If he didn't like the lack of fight the game before he got the opposite result of motivation  in the second half. Midfield was invisible.

1 hour ago, Joe1973 said:

Curious to see what happens next game. Coach during pre-match interview was very adamant on how he didn't like the lack of "fight" by some of the Watford players in last game. Didn't see that game but based on comments above, if he was pushed off ball a few times, he definitely might have been 1 of the players who the coach was referring to.

Unfortunately, I’d assume he was one of those players singled out. I did get the slight feeling that his demeanour was a bit lackadaisical against Huddersfield. 

Hopefully a good lesson to learn and keeps pushing him. 

32 minutes ago, cronaldo7 said:

Unfortunately, I’d assume he was one of those players singled out. I did get the slight feeling that his demeanour was a bit lackadaisical against Huddersfield. 

There were a few players on the bench from the last game, including most of the backline.  Asprilla also started on the bench after having a good game against Huddersfield but that might've been due to the injury suffered in that game.

1 hour ago, cronaldo7 said:

Easy to forget how raw this kid is still...he hasn't been a professional that long. This league is also a God place for him to work on that aspect of his game.

43 minutes ago, scullion44 said:

Chris Wilder sacked apparently

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Wow. That was quick. 

The rumoured replacement is Francesco Farioli. He left Alanyspor in Turkey a month a go.

Rangers were courting him too

Some fans are saying it's not a sacking, he's just not getting his contract extended when it ends.

7 hours ago, scullion44 said:

“The speculation is totally disrespectful to Chris and his staff,” said Watford’s Technical Director Ben Manga....after being the source of the rumours.

The club is cursed manager wise. I can imagine the players have been disappointed with the change from Bilic to Wilder too. 

Good appearance for Kone.

I wonder how much of his up and down performance is just due to being away from home for the first time ever (?). He always reacts well after a bad game, he looked unstoppable for Canada, he’s clearly not a player who stops caring, he’s a young guy living in a new country with new added pressure, it can be easy to slip up.

Really rough game for Kone. He has the start, but he hasn't been super precise with his passing, playing really conservative. On Cardiff's first goal, he fell down near Cardiff's net, stayed there, they cruised down the pitch and scored easily- the announcers made a comment about him staying down to get a flag and being caught lacking. Just before the third goal, he slipped and turned it over, they scored quickly therafter. It was 1-0 Watford, now it's 3-1 Cardiff before half.

Championship they play far too many games and the play is terribly inconsistent.  You can see they are often just going through the motions. I tire seeing this go go go where players are forced into quantity over quality mode.

For me it's not the right place to be in the middle term. I think it's fine for a young player to get minutes or Hoillet as a veteran, but that's it. Except for those consummate Championship type players, of which Canada has had very few (oddly, you'd think it should have been a great fit for Laryea).

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Championship they play far too many games and the play is terribly inconsistent.  You can see they are often just going through the motions. I tire seeing this go go go where players are forced into quantity over quality mode.

For me it's not the right place to be in the middle term. I think it's fine for a young player to get minutes or Hoillet as a veteran, but that's it. Except for those consummate Championship type players, of which Canada has had very few (oddly, you'd think it should have been a great fit for Laryea).

How many Championship games do you get to watch? 

In England you can get 3 at most every matchday and there are usually Canadians or other teams I have an interest in playing at the same time.  I try to keep up on the news and usually see the playoffs but can't say I actually watch a lot of full games. 

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

5 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

How many Championship games do you get to watch? 

In England you can get 3 at most every matchday and there are usually Canadians or other teams I have an interest in playing at the same time.  I try to keep up on the news and usually see the playoffs but can't say I actually watch a lot of full games. 

Not much. I watched Cardiff City with Hoillet a ways back. I watched some Forest but then gave up with Laryea on the bench.  I guess I've only been to one in the stadium, QPR quite a few years ago.

I can't see how anything thinks playing a 46 game season plus cups is at all a way to offer quality to your fans, it seems absurd to me. For the schedule, which runs players into the ground, and then the fact that there are a good 6-8 teams that are pretty crap with no chance of doing anything but avoid relegation.

Is Chris Wilder a caretaker manager, why do they say he won't be around next year? He sounds disengaged, and then as if he has nothing to do with making his team a team too.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist