Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

2 minutes ago, Markoaleks said:

Pure Butter smooth 

Loved he went forward tonight and had a couple of SOG

this guy is the real deal 

imagine him in 4 years of Growth 

He will be playing in the Premier League in 4 years.  

Today was definitely a coming out party for him.  He’s improved dramatically in his short time in the Championship.

I thought he was our best player on the pitch and that is saying something.  So many nice passes to either put somebody in or break the pressure, and so many turns to break the pressure and move up field with the ball at his feet.  He also was so fast to pressure players on the ball and also intercepted a number of times when they tried to pass around him.   And he seemed to have an engine as he ran all game long.  In Montreal, he seemed to fade in and out of games.  He now is realising how good he is and just was everywhere and constantly on the ball and doing something with it.  

I agree with others, he was impeccable tonight, he is a smooth mf who is developing smarts at a young age and the future looks really bright for him, he is the type of young player who came on to the MNT out of the blue that makes me less concerned about fence sitters going elsewhere, there will be others like him in the next few years!

Jeeze, I can't wait to see this kid with one more professional year under his belt. He has grown leaps and bounds since leaving MTL. Every adjective has already been used in this thread to describe his play last night. In my eyes player of the match.

A midfield of Eustaquio, Kone and Oso is golden. Our midfield is catching up to our strikers, wingers and goalkeepers. We just need some unexpected magic  at CB.

My guts(.or maybe it's just my delusion)tell me this CMNT will become a major player on the international scene by the time the next WC rolls around.

Edited by Sal333

19 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

My guts(.or maybe it's just my delusion)tell me this CMNT will become a major player on the international scene by the time the next WC rolls around.

I can absolutely see this happening, especially because of how diverse the country is. Who knows how many dual nats are out there, and as the team's profile continues to improve, more will come. 

Don’t think I’ve ever seen Kone dominate like that with Montreal or Watford. Crazy to think despite all of this he made a few rough mistakes- once he starts refining his game, it’s gonna be real scary hours real quick for him. You can tell he’s right on the cusp of taking another leap. I can’t believe he hasn’t even been in Europe for 3 months yet.