Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

6 hours ago, Free kick said:

That is just how most mangers operate here. I go to West Ham and they’ll spend £50 million on a player and won’t play him right away. 

6 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

That is just how most mangers operate here. I go to West Ham and they’ll spend £50 million on a player and won’t play him right away. 

Not different from anywhere else in the world:  regardless of how you get there, you still have to earn your place.  Hopefully he hits the deck running.

7 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Same in Spain, it's like a code. A big signing has to have a few training sessions, has to have had that talk with the manager. Then he gets worked in slowly, he may be a major star but his first minutes are rarely a start.

It's like it would be rude for a guy to arrive and you stick him on the pitch.

Of course, a guy transferring from within the same league, or on loan in the same league system, would be different, they are about the only ones to walk into a spot if needed.

I don't know if this has been mentioned in the thread yet, but Bilic coached Hutchinson at Besiktas once upon a time. They even won a title together, I believe. Considering Kone is Hutchinson's World Cup teammate, and Bilic's newest signing, I wonder if Atiba has come up in their discussions. I also wonder if Bilic is contemplating whether he has a young Atiba on his hands.

1 hour ago, rydermike said:

Very good. 11 is not a number given to a player likely to be at the periphery of the first team. perhaps my rose tinted glasses are in full effect, but, to me, it suggests they have high hopes for him and expect him to be an important first team player sooner than later. 

2 hours ago, maccaliam said:

Very good. 11 is not a number given to a player likely to be at the periphery of the first team. perhaps my rose tinted glasses are in full effect, but, to me, it suggests they have high hopes for him and expect him to be an important first team player sooner than later. 

Thought the same. And then thought. 11. They are going to convert him to a winger. 😜

Not sure if it’s relevant or not, but AJ posted some pics training with Celtic for the last few weeks, while I think Kone only made it to Watford very recently. I haven’t even seen Kone in a Watford jersey yet, aside from the original press release, so I think it’s a question of him not having had the chance to train yet.

3 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Not sure if it’s relevant or not, but AJ posted some pics training with Celtic for the last few weeks, while I think Kone only made it to Watford very recently. I haven’t even seen Kone in a Watford jersey yet, aside from the original press release, so I think it’s a question of him not having had the chance to train yet.

You're probably right. Johnston went over to Glasgow in mid-December whereas Kone's been in Montreal until last week.

However, Kone was deemed "ineligible" to play, which usually means paperwork is missing. It could be that Watford aren't rushing his ITC given that they gave Kone more time to enjoy his offseason than Johnston got from Celtic.