Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

2 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

It wouldn’t be the worst thing for Kone to stay in Montreal for another year but if a decent opportunity presents itself I don’t see any issues with him taking it. 

Agreed although I would hate to see him move up and then sit on the bench or get stuck in the reserves. It has happened to a few Canadians over the past few years.

9 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

I would support this. When Davies, obviously an exceptional talent, left VWFC, he was dominating in MLS. Kone played well for Montreal, but he has yet to dominate. Another season of improvement similar to what he had this past season would not hurt one bit, and it might increase his transfer value. Of course, Montreal could get an offer which they cannot refuse . . .

What is Kone's current contract status with Montreal? If he's locked in to another year playing for peanuts ($65k in 2022) it may be worth a move even if he doesn't move right into the starting lineup for his new team.

10 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

I would support this. When Davies, obviously an exceptional talent, left VWFC, he was dominating in MLS. Kone played well for Montreal, but he has yet to dominate. Another season of improvement similar to what he had this past season would not hurt one bit, and it might increase his transfer value. Of course, Montreal could get an offer which they cannot refuse . . .

Completely different positions. Players in Kone’s position don’t dominate but it’s clear he could play at a higher level. I’m with you that it’s sort of intriguing to see how he progresses next year with Montreal. Maybe a purchase with a loan back at the start of the season would be a good move for all parties.