Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

1 hour ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

I was raised with a merely secondary dislike of Celtic so I could hold my nose. I survived Stalteri, I suppose. 

That's how I feel about Arfield and Rangers, but to be honest, as someone who didn't grow up with soccer at home, I just have to kinda talk shit about Rangers and support Celtic here and there or they revoke my Irish-Canadian card.

3 hours ago, GasPed said:

KC was his longest stop, but should note that his last two seasons there were loans to Norwich City and Middlesbrough.  I am exaggerating (slightly) with the one and done, but let's face it, for a primo striker he has really moved around a lot.  And I have no idea at all whether rumours about his locker room presence are true or not (they may well have been fueled by his wanderings rather than vice versa).  But something's off.     

What are the rumours?

I feel like MLS is, or until very recently was like hockey's AHL- you get a hodgepodge of lifers, young guys, foreign guys, guys who want to move to the top league, other guys barely holding on. A guy like Kamara is a career AHLer- aka a guy every team needs and who's extremely useful but ultimately falls behind young prospects and foreign players in the pecking order. A Kamara isn't as interesting to a team as the next homegrown talent or the next big DP target, especially in a league with so much parity that if you lose Kamara, you can just tell yourself you can pluck someone from Europe or Mexico to do the job in his place.

8 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

That's how I feel about Arfield and Rangers, but to be honest, as someone who didn't grow up with soccer at home, I just have to kinda talk shit about Rangers and support Celtic here and there or they revoke my Irish-Canadian card.

I probably should care more, the reason to dislike Celtic goes a lot deeper into IRL stuff but I guess there have been actual direct if minor clashes with Millwall, Spurs and even Chelsea more recently.

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Take a look at the career of Christian Vieri, also a striker, much higher level and distinguished career no question. 

https://www.transfermarkt.es/christian-vieri/profil/spieler/5797

Fair point, but I was under the impression that Vieri's best years, the career-defining ones, were at Inter.  [Quick check of transfermarkt - yes, he was there for 6 years].  I don't think KK stayed anywhere long enough to even be marginally associated with a team.  Columbus maybe?

And just to be clear, I'm a total KK fan (well, at least from what I see on the pitch).  But he never stuck anywhere, not even in his prime.

1 hour ago, GasPed said:

Fair point, but I was under the impression that Vieri's best years, the career-defining ones, were at Inter.  [Quick check of transfermarkt - yes, he was there for 6 years].  I don't think KK stayed anywhere long enough to even be marginally associated with a team.  Columbus maybe?

And just to be clear, I'm a total KK fan (well, at least from what I see on the pitch).  But he never stuck anywhere, not even in his prime.

Probably not worth dragging this out too much but Kamara was at Kansas City from age 24 to 29 broken up only by a brief off-season loan spell at Norwich. Prime years, age-wise.

2 hours ago, jonovision said:

Probably not worth dragging this out too much but Kamara was at Kansas City from age 24 to 29 broken up only by a brief off-season loan spell at Norwich. Prime years, age-wise.

That's not quite true.  He played 3 full seasons with SKC (2010, 11, 12), then bounced between Norwich, SKC and Middlesbrough in 2013 (played 15 games at SKC that year).  In the latter part of 2013 he was a starter at Middlesbrough, but had injury troubles and then a well-publicized incident where he fell out of favour with the team, so only made 11 appearances in the first half of 2014.  Then had no team at all until 2015 season when he was back with Columbus, where he had his best year ever, only to be traded after a spat with Higuain the following year.

Anyhow, it's a curious case, but I agree, why we're still discussing this is a bit of a mystery (probably due to my anal-retentive qualities more than anything else 😉). 

7 minutes ago, Big_M said:

lost the ball that in the end turned into the second goal..hes excellent offensively but loses too many balls which lead to dangerous attacks or scoring chances..thats what will hold him back from playing at the highest level if he doesnt improve it

He will improve that, you can see he’s still physically raw. He needs to play week in and week out which he will do after his move to a bigger club when he’s sent out on loan.

22 minutes ago, Big_M said:

lost the ball that in the end turned into the second goal..hes excellent offensively but loses too many balls which lead to dangerous attacks or scoring chances..thats what will hold him back from playing at the highest level if he doesnt improve it

Just did it again - this time leads to a penalty due to terrible GKing from Pantemis

53 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

When you're down 2-0 in a playoff game and in an unfamiliar (defensive) position, it happens - you're desperate. It was a stupid turnover, but we shouldn't be so harsh.

I don’t think anyone is overreacting here. He’s a great prospect with a ton of talent who has improved a ridiculous amount this season. 
im still terrified of him playing big minutes in Qatar though. 

1 minute ago, Floortom said:

I don’t think anyone is overreacting here. He’s a great prospect with a ton of talent who has improved a ridiculous amount this season. 

if we have our full compliment of mids  fit and ready to go, Kone will probably only be a sub but JH may have no choice but to start Kone. 

2 minutes ago, Floortom said:

YEP.  Being a heck of a prospect and having a big future is one thing, but he is still young and prone to bone head defensive plays.  Everyone is terrified of Henry making a game changing mistake, but I am just as scared of playing a youngster like Kone and have him not be ready for the pressure.  Not to say that he wont be the regular CMNT starter in a year or so, but he is still "green as grass" as we say on the farm.