Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

9 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

More likely agents than teams, for me.  Teams don't want competition, they want to keep things quiet and keep the price down. 

That could very much be the case too. I think these insider scoops speak to larger conversations being held behind the scenes, so if a player playing for like the 40th best national team in the world does pretty well in a 2-0 friendly loss and that warrants a tweet about how "scouts are paying attention!", my guess is the attention he's getting extends far beyond the Norwichs and Sheffields of the world; as good as he is, I don't think Kone or his agent have the clout to get Fab Romano to tweet about a sold performance during a friendly unless there is a much bigger story bubbling beneath the surface.

Also, unrelated, but was looking up some MLS expansion drafts, and Montreal actually kept Kone unprotected during the 2021 Charlotte expansion. Not sure if it would've made sense for Charlotte to pick him given who they got, but if he really does reach his potential, that'll be a nice bit of trivia.

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I don't think Kone or his agent have the clout to get Fab Romano to tweet about a sold performance during a friendly unless there is a much bigger story bubbling beneath the surface.

I agree something is going on.  Remember there are lots of agents out there not connected to specific players directly or even indirectly.

4 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Also, unrelated, but was looking up some MLS expansion drafts, and Montreal actually kept Kone unprotected during the 2021 Charlotte expansion. Not sure if it would've made sense for Charlotte to pick him given who they got, but if he really does reach his potential, that'll be a nice bit of trivia.

That's definitely one of those "hindsight is 20/20" moments. When Charlotte made those expansion draft picks, Kone had yet to play a single pro minute.

51 minutes ago, RS said:

That's definitely one of those "hindsight is 20/20" moments. When Charlotte made those expansion draft picks, Kone had yet to play a single pro minute.

I know, it's just funny. In like every baseball expansion draft, a couple future hall of famers get passed over. Pretty sure you can point to a couple great players the Golden Knights took a pass on in their expansion draft 5 or so years ago too. But Charlotte's draft happened in December 21. 10 months ago, this kid wasn't even good enough to get noticed by an expansion team (let alone his own team), and now we're fussing over which elite european team should sign him. Crazy.

I don't know if this has been discussed, but is there any chance that he gets loaned to Bologna in January? If I am Joey Saputo I would want to maximize this guys value.

Right now he is somewhere in the 5-8 million range. However, if he goes to Serie A and gets a decent run of minutes he could double in value quite quickly.

6 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I don't know if this has been discussed, but is there any chance that he gets loaned to Bologna in January? If I am Joey Saputo I would want to maximize this guys value.

Right now he is somewhere in the 5-8 million range. However, if he goes to Serie A and gets a decent run of minutes he could double in value quite quickly.

I hope he goes to Serie A too

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

I've wondered how Bologna factors into the Kone sweepstakes because it seems that he's good enough for a Serie A team to take a chance on, especially a Serie A team that shares owners with the team that owns him it's just an obvious landing spot- but the same could be said for Mihailovic who is good enough for Bologna, I think, yet went to the Netherlands.

Annoying watching Leeds effectively be America's premier league team, and all the while, the Canadian owner in Serie A won't sign any of our players, lol.

10 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I've wondered how Bologna factors into the Kone sweepstakes because it seems that he's good enough for a Serie A team to take a chance on, especially a Serie A team that shares owners with the team that owns him it's just an obvious landing spot- but the same could be said for Mihailovic who is good enough for Bologna, I think, yet went to the Netherlands.

Annoying watching Leeds effectively be America's premier league team, and all the while, the Canadian owner in Serie A won't sign any of our players, lol.

I think greed is the reason, he wants the transfer money from the sale.

10 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I suppose Johnston and Miller could also fall into this category. Right now on transfermarket they are 3 and 4 million, which to be honest is probably actually a bit more than they would actually be sold for. Why wouldn't they also go on a 6 month loan at a higher level to see where they stack up?

On 10/13/2022 at 9:57 AM, InglewoodJack said:

Loaning is one thing, but I believe CFM wants to become a farming team, grow and sell players.  Moving Kone to Bologna would kinda be like us taking $5 from our left pocket and putting it our right pocket and convincing ourselves we just made a deal.

Onboarding players and making them fit quickly isn't all that easy, convincing a coach to play him and get onboard with the project is even more difficult.  

Selling to another team in a higher league is instant profit.  Kone has already proven himself and has interested teams.  Moving him to Bologna is kinda risky cause it might not work out as well and hurt Joey's pockets as well as Kone in the long run.

1 hour ago, costarg said:

Loaning is one thing, but I believe CFM wants to become a farming team, grow and sell players.  Moving Kone to Bologna would kinda be like us taking $5 from our left pocket and putting it our right pocket and convincing ourselves we just made a deal.

Onboarding players and making them fit quickly isn't all that easy, convincing a coach to play him and get onboard with the project is even more difficult.  

Selling to another team in a higher league is instant profit.  Kone has already proven himself and has interested teams.  Moving him to Bologna is kinda risky cause it might not work out as well and hurt Joey's pockets as well as Kone in the long run.

I get what you are saying but you are also ignoring the Bologna side of the economic equation.  They could be getting a solid Serie A player with excellent potential for resale profit at basically no net cost to the whole organization.   If you are only looking at the lack of net profit from the CF Montreal side of things, you are really only accounting for half the equation.