Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

2 hours ago, P-O said:

I am really happy he is not going. He needs minutes before going abroad.

Still 1 month to the trade deadline. Lots of teams can hijack this deal.

Might still be going. The report initially said many teams were interested, just that Norwich was pushing the hardest. Must wait and see if more offers come through. 

I am fine with him staying at CFM for another season if nothing materializes this window.  Maybe he was only willing to risk the first team minutes he is getting and fight through the Norwich reserve team if it meant a substantial pay increase.  Only he knows the circumstances of his current situation versus what was being proposed.   If it fell through on the basis of the personal terms, he is the one who ultimately knows how he is weighing all the factors.  

Sure it would have been nice to have him playing in the Championship, but if that wasn’t a realistic prospect or if the financial compensation wasn’t good enough  to make him leave a good situation in Montreal, then so be it.  Happy to watch him continue developing in MLS.  

27 minutes ago, Obinna said:

That's a bummer. Surprising if it was the personal terms and not the fee that was the issue, since often the personal terms get sorted out first. Not always though, clearly.

If it’s an issue of personal terms, I hope that Kone’s demands are informed by other offers he’s gotten. As a player who’s never really left Montreal and played in PLSQ like a year and a half ago, I assume whatever Norwich was offering is still exponentially more than he’s earned to do date, so if he’s asking for more, I hope it’s because there are better offers out there.

1 minute ago, InglewoodJack said:

If it’s an issue of personal terms, I hope that Kone’s demands are informed by other offers he’s gotten. As a player who’s never really left Montreal and played in PLSQ like a year and a half ago, I assume whatever Norwich was offering is still exponentially more than he’s earned to do date, so if he’s asking for more, I hope it’s because there are better offers out there.

Maybe it's a case of being offered no better than what he's getting now. At the moment he is a rotational player and occassional starter for Montreal, and he's earning whatever he's earning, but if he's being asked to fight for a position at a new club, he may have wanted some financial incentive for that risk. 

It could be the case of comparing poorly with other offers, but if Norwich was the most serious to date it makes me think he hasn't discussed personal terms with any other team yet.

6 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Maybe it's a case of being offered no better than what he's getting now. At the moment he is a rotational player and occassional starter for Montreal, and he's earning whatever he's earning, but if he's being asked to fight for a position at a new club, he may have wanted some financial incentive for that risk. 

It could be the case of comparing poorly with other offers, but if Norwich was the most serious to date it makes me think he hasn't discussed personal terms with any other team yet.

That's a good point, that may be the case. However, Kone is currently earning $68,000/yr at CFM- on a 52 week pay schedule, that amounts to like 800GBP/wk, which according to this is about the wages they pay to their U23 and under players or guys they've buried in League Two, so if that's the case, I feel like it's almost an insulting offer- I don't even know if 800GBP a week is even a reasonable offer for an email jockey being transferred from his company's Canadian branch to the UK one, let alone a (promising young) professional soccer player.

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Johnathan David - still stuck at Lille

Laryea at a club that won’t play him

Larin - dragged out contract negotiations forever

Kone - transfer nixed at the last second

🔥 🔥🔥🔥 4D chess moves by his agent 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Not sure about that:

1 - David being stuck at Lille has more to do with Lille than it does with his management.  In fact, the move to Lille in the first place was what he wanted and his management had to push Gent to make it go through.

2 - For Laryea, I have a hard time remembering anyone who was against this move in January.  As far as I know, Laryea wanted to be in Europe and wanted to get paid.  Pretty sure he got both of those.  Now he has to figure out how to get on the pitch.  Not sure what his management has to do to change that.

3 - Larin had a number in mind that he wanted and he didn't settle for less to stay with Besiktas, who coincidentally barely played him after January.  Did he get his number with Club Brugge?  If so, then that's a win.  If not, then he's at least playing Champions League like he wanted.

4 - Kone is the only one that they might've bungled.  But it's hard to tell what they turned down and low risk.  It's low risk because he can stay in MLS and continue to put himself in the shop window and prove he deserves what he wants.  Only risk is whether CF Montreal was banking on the sale or he gets a reputation for demanding during negotiations.

Sometimes what we want (players moving up to flashier and flashier teams, progression into Europe etc.) is not what is best for the player.

9 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

Not sure about that:

1 - David being stuck at Lille has more to do with Lille than it does with his management.  In fact, the move to Lille in the first place was what he wanted and his management had to push Gent to make it go through.

2 - For Laryea, I have a hard time remembering anyone who was against this move in January.  As far as I know, Laryea wanted to be in Europe and wanted to get paid.  Pretty sure he got both of those.  Now he has to figure out how to get on the pitch.  Not sure what his management has to do to change that.

3 - Larin had a number in mind that he wanted and he didn't settle for less to stay with Besiktas, who coincidentally barely played him after January.  Did he get his number with Club Brugge?  If so, then that's a win.  If not, then he's at least playing Champions League like he wanted.

4 - Kone is the only one that they might've bungled.  But it's hard to tell what they turned down and low risk.  It's low risk because he can stay in MLS and continue to put himself in the shop window and prove he deserves what he wants.  Only risk is whether CF Montreal was banking on the sale or he gets a reputation for demanding during negotiations.

Sometimes what we want (players moving up to flashier and flashier teams, progression into Europe etc.) is not what is best for the player.

I'm mostly just talking shit. Seems like every player who has been involved in some long drawn out transfer drama as of late is one of this guy's clients. Like I said above, I wonder what his actual demands are. it's not like he's making a fortune at CF Montreal so if his wages truly were the issue here, I would imagine Norwich threw peanuts at him, or he has reason to believe some other more lucrative opportunities are not too far off.

3 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Johnathan David - still stuck at Lille

Laryea at a club that won’t play him

Larin - dragged out contract negotiations forever

Kone - transfer nixed at the last second

🔥 🔥🔥🔥 4D chess moves by his agent 🔥🔥🔥🔥

You can actually add Borges to his client list as well. Got a good move, but that clearly didnt work out either.

Take it for what you will... according to other players close to Ismael, hes saying he didn't meet anyone from Norwich in person (during the DC United trip) as it's been reported in one of these tweets.  In fact they are saying the player has been denying the failed move all together which is odd...  Has anyone from CF Montreal commented yet?  I really don't buy that the player asked for too much or the agent. 

Wouldn't it be funny if the agent and club orchestrated this "offer" together to get a 2nd unnamed club (who presumably would have interest) to act quick and submit a bid and it backfired lol?😅

Edited by Footyeh

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

I don't. Dallas sold Reynolds for 6.75 after 27 appearances and Tessmann for 3.6 after 26 appearances.

Both to teams owned by Americans. Tessman a secondary player at Venezia, with a grounds capacity of 11,000, now relegated. Reynolds now playing at Westerlo in Belgium with a capacity of 8k. Aside from being closer to Euro managers' eyes, how are these moves beneficial to the players? Just businessmen taking a flyer, hoping for the big score. At Montreal, Kone has a good coach and plays with Wanyama and several others who play international football. If it were even true, at Norwich, or some other lower division team he may be loaned to, who would he play with? A bunch of journeyman Brit and Euro players. I don't see the benefit, unless he got an immediate, large raise. 

40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Both to teams owned by Americans. Tessman a secondary player at Venezia, with a grounds capacity of 11,000, now relegated. Reynolds now playing at Westerlo in Belgium with a capacity of 8k. Aside from being closer to Euro managers' eyes, how are these moves beneficial to the players? Just businessmen taking a flyer, hoping for the big score. At Montreal, Kone has a good coach and plays with Wanyama and several others who play international football. If it were even true, at Norwich, or some other lower division team he may be loaned to, who would he play with? A bunch of journeyman Brit and Euro players. I don't see the benefit, unless he got an immediate, large raise. 

OK, but we're underestimating "the systems" in the EU vs MLS.  Sorry man, but we just ain't at their level of development.  It's not just about getting minutes, the training is just all-round better.

Davies and David don't become who they are by toiling away in the MLS.  The younger the potential stars move, the better.