Ismael Kenneth Kone

MauditYvon

The way that he adapts to a higher level quickly reminds me of Davies meteoric rise at the same age.

Kone has not looked out of place at all with CF Montreal within a short period of time. Now, with 1 Canmnt game in a high pressure environment, he totally looked like he belonged. 

Looking forward to see if his next move up (Europe?) will be the same

42 minutes ago, pod818 said:

The way that he adapts to a higher level quickly reminds me of Davies meteoric rise at the same age.

Kone has not looked out of place at all with CF Montreal within a short period of time. Now, with 1 Canmnt game in a high pressure environment, he totally looked like he belonged. 

Looking forward to see if his next move up (Europe?) will be the same

At the same age Davies was starting and winning the champions league for Bayern Munich. Let’s pump the brakes. 

11 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

At the same age Davies was starting and winning the champions league for Bayern Munich. Let’s pump the brakes. 

53 minutes ago, pod818 said:

In a way, Davies' rise wasn't even that meteoric. He just started so young. Beginning with 300 minutes as a 15 year old, he more than doubled his minutes over each of the next two MLS seasons, including a season as the best young player in the league at 17 (8 goals, 11 assists). Then a half season mostly with the Bayern reserves before becoming a fixture. 3 MLS seasons and a good chunk of time with the reserves.

In a way Kone reminds of David: not a lot of us knew much about him until he made his pro debut at 18. Kone is still a huge talent, obviously. Also only 19 months younger than Davies, somehow.

Edited by jonovision

Kone has a bright future which is why it is better for him right now to stay in MLS with Montreal Impact so that way his stardom can grow even more over there and then when the time comes, he could then be on the radar for European clubs. Either way he just not only looks good and plays good but just the way he approaches the game too, how can I not love this kid?

6 hours ago, frmr said:

Media’s gonna media, let’s not get too perturbed by it. He’s a teenage sensation, the comparison isn’t apple to oranges.

Yes that he is and I hope this season in MLS for CF Montreal, he continues to show why he can be a star for that team

To be fair though, I haven't seen anyone play like that in their first 10 games and not turn out to be a star (barring injuries). I'm not saying he's destined to be like Davies, but all I'm saying it's valid to be excited for this guy. Time will tell what happens. I'm just glad we got him before Ivory Coast did.

11 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

I’m cringing, way too earlier, yes he’s good but jeez.

It’s early; but to be fair he’s an absolute shooting star right now and it looks undeniable.

He’s really only been a pro player for a month but for a CM to win an MLS starting spot, score a CCL goal, be dominate and make MLS team of the week and get his first cap for Canada is pretty massive.

Out of know where this kid is suddenly getting scouted by clubs in Europe and of course there is going to be media talking about him.

If he continues this path he’s going to get transferred to Europe at the end of this season.

7 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

It’s early; but to be fair he’s an absolute shooting star right now and it looks undeniable.

He’s really only been a pro player for a month but for a CM to win an MLS starting spot, score a CCL goal, be dominate and make MLS team of the week and get his first cap for Canada is pretty massive.

Out of know where this kid is suddenly getting scouted by clubs in Europe and of course there is going to be media talking about him.

If he continues this path he’s going to get transferred to Europe at the end of this season.

This is spot on. As others have said, it’s the poise in the moments that really sticks out for me (aside from his ability obviously).

On 3/24/2022 at 12:36 PM, Obinna said:

Yup. Not sure what club he was playing for, but St. John's looked to be the NL rep. Knowing what it's like to play for that club I imagine they were pretty happy with the result. 

It's pretty remarkable to be playing at that youth level just a few years ago and now being selected for WCQ. That's arguably a bigger leap than David made. 

I coached at that tournament. That game flipped the entire medal picture. 

Has a kid ever come out of nowhere like Ismael Kone.  Usually kids are talked about for years before they ever make their national team debut if they ever do.  Literally 5 weeks ago people were wondering if he was indeed eligible and he had not started a professional game yet.  Today he makes his first start with the National team.

27 minutes ago, prairiecanuck said:

Has a kid ever come out of nowhere like Ismael Kone.  Usually kids are talked about for years before they ever make their national team debut if they ever do.  Literally 5 weeks ago people were wondering if he was indeed eligible and he had not started a professional game yet.  Today he makes his first start with the National team.

The most comparable is probably Yallop using a 17 year old in 2004 in a World Cup qualifier v Guatemala 

I feel for the kid, what a stage to be on making his first senior start, this is not some random friendly in January vs the likes of Bermuda. He just needs to take a deep breath and relax, the chances will come, you can see that.